Book recommendation

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devonwoody

Established Member
Reaction score
Just finished reading a good book:

Autobiography , Richard Branson, Losing my Virginity ( which he did many times)

His business dealings and details had me holding on to the book into the late hours. Don't think I could have lived like that.

Although the book says published 1998, the edition I picked up from our local library was the first exit.

Devonwoody - I think one the things that always impressed me about Richard Branson was when he had the presence of mind to visit his 'loo' in order to make some notes about the bribe he was being offered over the National Lottery deal. Many people, myself included, would probably have wanted nothing whatever to do with such skuldugary, but would we have made notes at the time, and being in an apartment, used the only room where such notes could be made unobserved by the potential briber??

Read that book ages ago. There also an unofficial bio out there somewhere (which I also read). Both good books.

If you like bios, try Clive James, Unreliable Memoirs. Hilarious, although don't bother with the follow up - disappointing by comparison.

Another good one is The Day The Laughter Stopped, about Fatty Arbuckle. Written by David Yallop - investigative author of many bios.

Pablo Escobar's story is quite amazing too. Killing Pablo: The Hunt for the Richest, Most Powerful Criminal in History, by Mark Bowden.

Back