Book on Dimensions

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kev

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi there,

Was wondering whether anyone can recommend any books etc which provide standard dimensions for sections of door frames, doors, windows and other such elements. I am always making these types of things (mainly for the house) and it would be good to have these when starting from square section. It would especially help in terms of proportion the various designs I undertake. After making the patio doors which I have been threatening to do for 6 months now I need to make a few box frames so as you can see these will be quite helpful rather than just trying to measure what is already there.

Any help would be great.

Have not been on line for a while and good to see the group still going strong.

Kev, I've no idea, except presumably there's a standard text book out there somewhere for the relevant course/s? Not wildly helpful, but hopefully someone who does know will see this. If not, I suggest you re-post on General Woodworking with maybe a more descriptive title.

Cheers, Alf

A few years ago, I got hold of a Boulton and Paul and Magnet catalogue, I found all the measurements in there were useful when working out standard measurements used.

Thanks for the advice. Boulton and Paul catalogue good idea. Will try and get hold of one. Did wonder which topic area to put it in and maybe in retrospect should have put it in general.

Have found one good book by E Foam (or maybe Voam, don't have it in front of me) titled purpose made joinery which seems quite good. Perhaps I could post a review once I have had a proper look.

Back