Book of excuses?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These days I find a couple of sales (maybe on ebay) beforehand work wonders - particualraly if the exact income and exact expenditure are unknown by the third party :wink:

Worked for my #5.5 :D

In my house honesty is the only way. With a missus that does all the books I can't slip the odd puchase through and she has more than a passing interest in woodwork herself so she is pretty well in tune with what things cost.
The advantage of this is that she does know that cheap normally means poor quality.

I am sure you can cost the next project including the tool so that it still costs a lot less than buying retail.

Andy

Hi All,
Having a page layout program is a real plus in these sitations, in fact I am shortly going to offer a service for board members along the lines of 'Invoices 'R Us' where you just email me the real invoice and I duplicate it with an adjusted price for SWMBO to look at. Prices for this service will be directly proportional to the amount of liberty taken with the SWMBO approved budget.
Personally I get away with a lot using the 'I've had it ages' ploy. That and being very good at spotting deliveries before the Guvnor!
Cheers
Martin

I spend my wonga how I want, she spends hers how she wants = tool buying nirvana.

Ike

Taffy i told the wife i was going in a hen night once 8-[ but she barred me from going i dont know why :shock:
Taffy if your living life on the ragged edge? have you not heard of scary sharp :D :D :p

frank

I usually use the ploy

"Capital expenditure against payback etc" :roll: :wink: usually when Emerdale is on telly. The answer is normally if you need it then buy it.

:D :D :D :wink: :wink:

Les

frank":3mtffqe0 said:
Taffy i told the wife i was going in a hen night once 8-[ but she barred me from going i dont know why :shock:
Taffy if your living life on the ragged edge? have you not heard of scary sharp :D :D :p

frank

LOL :D Is that anything like the scary sharp edge of LOML's tongue - I am all to familiar with that!!! :shock:

Taffy

Back