Bog oak router plane

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a router plane Axminster but mike I would buy one from you

so if you decide to sell some please put my name down

I had a old router that locked with a small brass pin/stud and was held in place with a threaded bolt (handle) ??

Well that's very kind of you 3T8, but I hadn't planned on going into production. Besides, if I did my hours wouldn't be priced at £0 any more, and so I'd have to sell then for £350 or £400, and they're simply not worth that. My mate who turned the brass piece for me would look at me a bit funny if I went back to him and asked for a few more.....

I didn't draw it Steve, but I will if you like. I just made it up on the bench. I'll also soon take some detail photos of the other one which is currently under construction. I've got so far with it then run into a whole lot of other jobs which have taken priority, so it is missing the most awkward bit to make.

Steve, I'll try to attach the PDFs of these images which you can print at 1:1 (full size) and they give you the design of my router planes. If I can't attach PDFs, drop me a PM and we'll do it another way.

b76eRof.jpg

0tpY7ZM.jpg

owzdXSz.jpg

Jcc5lcn.jpg

Cv3elFP.jpg

1CkuItT.jpg

jf4kc0b.jpg

qA3gQaK.jpg

YiKJUhY.jpg

TBNTzv5.jpg

8XwL4WP.jpg

9Jkr1py.jpg

H1CajgX.jpg

Wax all the internals heavily before gluing, and take real care to avoid squeeze-out going inside the mechanism. Other than that, the only slightly challenging part is cutting the diamond-shaped holes for the cutter shaft, because marking out isn't easy.

Attachments

• router plane 1.pdf
    20.9 KB · Views: 37
  • router plane 2.pdf
    15 KB · Views: 35
Back