Bob's latest kitchen

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doctor Bob

Established Member
Reaction score
Finished this one this week.
Painted shaker doors in a staff bead face frame.
The doors and frames are made of Ash so the grain shows through (all painted parts are ash, apart from mantle).
Oak veneer carcasses, with oak drawerboxes.
We did cabinetry and installation, client organised worktops.

pEajbCj.jpg

yNbOc2W.jpg

Cgxxvu6.jpg

umIXg6F.jpg

gfYACWQ.jpg

mOi67KR.jpg

xtK4Qn3.jpg

That's a lovely kitchen, Bob, and although the worktop isn't my taste really even that looks OK.

doctor Bob":36elfhpe said:
........The doors and frames are made of Ash so the grain shows through.........

I love this. I made sure you can still see the grain through the paint in my kitchen. Glad to see you guys busy.

Really nice Bob!! Great standards as always. The colour scheme is very nice too.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Do you wire brush before you paint the Ash, Bob? It's a bit of a tedious process on large work but well worth it.

Trevanion":30yn6qll said:
Do you wire brush before you paint the Ash, Bob? It's a bit of a tedious process on large work but well worth it.

we do indeed :D

doctor Bob":1ywshw3v said:
Trevanion":1ywshw3v said:

Care to share the process / toys used - in particular for smaller pieces. I have a big 4" wheel sander which takes SS, nylon and sissal wheels which work well on larger things, but it's down to a drill with 100mm SS and nylon wheels on smaller stuff which is "not fun".

Nelsun":18kwkkn8 said:
doctor Bob":18kwkkn8 said:
Trevanion":18kwkkn8 said:

Care to share the process / toys used - in particular for smaller pieces. I have a big 4" wheel sander which takes SS, nylon and sissal wheels which work well on larger things, but it's down to a drill with 100mm SS and nylon wheels on smaller stuff which is "not fun".

:lol: one of these back and forwards over the lot..................
70659.jpg

I really like how the doors/drawers are inset slightly from the face frame... Or is that an optical illusion because of the bead?

Nice as always Bob.

Looks a good size, will keep them fit just walking between the hob and sink!

Very nice, as always =D>
Just one thing to distract me (and quite likely not your decision) is the downlighter positioning ?
Cheers Andy

Latest posts

Back