Bobby's new build thread

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sitefive":diqiprgo said:
Actually air-air heatpumps here are excellent because it doesn't really gets under -10c ever here , so their COP is always in great range.
and Let's not talk about the costs of setting up air-air heatpump VS traditional heating, If I had a medium sized workshop I would insulate it really well and put up few of them and be done with it!

Not quite sure why you are mentioning Air pumps, they have a fairly low COP compared to GSHP.

Latest pictures taken at the weekend.
All joists and first floor flooring is now in, blockwork being finished. Roof is planned to be started 4th Jan. Still being told in by May.
Kitchen is made, study is being made, bedrooms may be done if I can get the guys to give me a hand.
Every thing is just about on budget, patio was a big extra as we went a lot bigger than planned.

IMG_1157_zpsmbrzyjoa.jpg

IMG_1164_zps34i4teqo.jpg

IMG_1168_zpsrn5c1kh5.jpg

IMG_1167_zpszhtxk7io.jpg

Building work stopped over christmas, started again this week.

Roof trusses arrive on Monday, should take about 2 weeks for the roof to go up, then internal walls on first and second floors.

View from first floor
IMG_1220_zpsl7vjzskz.jpg

First floor
IMG_1218_zps7lmnvo8y.jpg

IMG_1217_zpsfcjgkmmc.jpg

IMG_1216_zpsgqgp8jum.jpg

2 x bedrooms, hallway and bathroom
IMG_1215_zpspcbfirky.jpg

Garage to be demolished and replaced with triple bay cart shed, money has probably run out to do this this year
IMG_1214_zpswpkab4qb.jpg

Front garden where old house is, driveway in front
IMG_1213_zpseksw95dp.jpg

IMG_1212_zpsj3xsjggg.jpg

IMG_1211_zpsqgomnffl.jpg

IMG_1210_zpsjf32zkl5.jpg

I recall this thread starting last year, but owing to family health problems posts and threads on this forum have made me not so active here these days.
Dr.Bob best wishes and happiness in your new home being built, you are doing one of the things I did miss on my life ambitions.. (The first plot of land was offered to me for £200 yes two hundred in 1958 but it was too expensive bearing in mind we had a young member of the family on the way) Two more plots slipped away as well later but the family was even larger then.

devonwoody":2164bfw8 said:
doctor Bob":2164bfw8 said:
They were lifting them over the old house so needed some height.

I saw the angle, did they have a jib on the crane?

No just an extending straight arm. I think they were about 100kg each so not very heavy really.

Lovely job there Doc, nice to see it done proper! And the pic of the lane and house shows you appear to be in a lovely neck of the woods.
On the last truss roof, i did for a friend, couple of years ago, the council wouldn't let us close the road for 20 minute for craning Attic trusses, so I had to find 10 more blokes, 14 altogether, to hand ball them up and the blokes turned some around, 4, I think, so the face, front marks were at the back, so down they came again, turn around and back up.
Thanks for posting
Regards Rodders

Whoever you're chippy is, Have to say that's a braver man than me, I would insist that the internal wind braces be fixed, I've seen a roof blown off in the wind, the owner had hardly any slate batten but insisted the roof went on, damaged trusses and had to wait for replacements.
I see you had the gable ladders made fixed up too, good idea, it pays not to take any chances this time of the year!
Regards Rodders

Chimney completed, Roof being batoned ready for tiling next week. Vaulted rooms will be our bedroom, ensuite and dressing room.

IMG_1314_zpsk9cwoum7.jpg

IMG_1312_zps1mqwcvt1.jpg

IMG_1307_zpsoeudgi5d.jpg

IMG_1297_zpsaqtqsjba.jpg

IMG_1294_zpsfsqn9rdy.jpg

Roof tiles going on.

We have decided to take the whole of the top floor as our bedroom, a dressing room and a massive ensuite. So we will have a master floor.

IMG_1323_zpsozfipfnr.jpg

IMG_1324_zpsbttq9plv.jpg

IMG_1351_zpsgbwy1yym.jpg

IMG_1353_zpsg3iwbd8i.jpg

IMG_1352_zpsjt7mqv52.jpg

You're certainly zipping along on this one, work still looks excellent, I see someone has seen the sense to use a hoist for loading out, faster and cleaner too!
Good pics, thanks for posting
Rodders

Back