Blutooth connections

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluenose

Established Member
Reaction score
One of my Christmas prezzies was a set of Bose Soundlink headphones that can be used wired or wireless.

I have paired them with my old Panasonic TV and they are working perfectly.

I would like to use them with the TV in the bedroom which is a Samsung UE32T5300 and which doesn't have Bluetooth nor a headphone outlet.

It does however have a USB socket along with an Optical Digital Audio out socket.

I have contacted Bose and they only do an adaptor for their 700 series headphones. Why on earth they can't supply one for their other models i don't know.

I am wondering if anyone can recommend a third party Bluetooth transmitter that is of reasonable quality and very reliable.

Many thanks in advance of any help.

IMHO Bose likes to do things their own way?
Have you tried a cheap Amazon bluetooth dongle (make sure it's the same BT version as your headphones)?
Worth a try? If it works with a Panasonic TV... and if the Samsung can drive the bluetooth dongle... no reason it shouldn't work?
Perhaps google a manual for the Samsung, see if bluetooth is mentioned?

Thanks for your input chaps.
pe2dave. When I was searching the internet for a TV for the bedroom, I was absolutely convinced that the one I had chosen had Bluetooth included but, when I came to look after getting my headphones I couldn't find anything in the on-screen menu nor in the user manual. I think that my brain is failing me and it's an age thing! I will have a look for a dongle as you suggest.

John Brown, in my first post I was actually referring to the quality of the unit rather than the quality of signal which is what I think that you were referring to.

I have just been trawling through the internet again and have come across this. You have to scroll down about 2/3rds of the article where it mentions the 'Engineer Options'. Seems a bit complicated and I think that I would worry about messing the whole thing up! Do you have any thoughts/
How to Connect Wireless Headphones to Samsung TV? (techheadphones.com)

Thanks again for your input and a Happy New Year to you.

I have just been trawling through the internet again and have come across this. You have to scroll down about 2/3rds of the article where it mentions the 'Engineer Options'. Seems a bit complicated and I think that I would worry about messing the whole thing up! Do you have any thoughts/
How to Connect Wireless Headphones to Samsung TV? (techheadphones.com)

Thanks again for your input and a Happy New Year to you.

A real engineers mess?
Simpler question, how badly do you want audio via headphones?
If 'enough', how much was the bedroom TV?
Is all that hassle worth it?
Next time, ask to be shown the bt working in the shop? I doubt they'd lie on purpose, but agree with the customer if in doubt
seems 'fair' advice when given training?

"John Brown, in my first post I was actually referring to the quality of the unit rather than the quality of signal which is what I think that you were referring to."
Yes. So what do you mean by the quality of the unit? Better plastic? Gold plated? Pretty much any unit you buy will have a Bluetooth transmitter chip made by one of about 4 manufacturers.

Go down the engineers route, if it works. If it messes anything up, just do a factory reset via the normal install menu. If the bluetooth chipset is installed on your device, it will work, otherwise, it won't, and you can go ahead and buy a dongle.

Thanks again for the input chaps. I will explore all options given.

Happy New Year to you all and stay safe.

Time to get productive again and to put the heater on in the workshop methinks!

Back