Blurry foreigners

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
gregmcateer":3ezmgtzq said:
Backup?! I thought all you Mac fans said Macs are perfect, so surely you shouldn't need a backup :oops:

Seriously, Gordon - Don't know how long you can wait or how far away I'll be - I am going to Les Sables d'Olonne at the end of August, so if you want a UK keyboard, let me know and we'll try to organise a meet up. (Don't know how realistic this is, but the offer is there)
Greg

Perfection..... aha, that chimera, some things get close (just look at some of my turnings - not) I must admit that in the twenty seven years that I've been using Macs, I have had two go wrong so they haven't quite cracked it yet :(

Very kind offer on the keyboard, you will be a fair way away although in French terms not that far!! I think my nephew will be coming down before you and he is the source of all my computing supplies these days. I'll probably manage then thanks.

I assume you will be on holiday so if you fancy a drive down this way (a couple of hours or so the way I drive) you would be very welcome. We could probably manage to find you some water to quench your thirst.

"We could probably manage to find you some water to quench your thirst."

WATER!!!!!

Wot are you on about man! I've seen what fish do in it! They don't get out when they want a wee!!!!! Good grief, no wonder you had to live where you do!

Wine man, wine is what you should drink. The water in it has been purified and it's healthy too. It also proves that twit Newton's theory and when you have had enough you prove it by falling to the earth under the influence of gravity! Who the hell would have invented gravity! It make some things very heavy! :twisted: :twisted: :roll:

Jonzjob":2qcm5m99 said:
Who the hell would have invented gravity! It make some things very heavy! :twisted: :twisted: :roll:

Well thats why they have spent zillions finding a way to accelerate things to find out what gives stuff mass init? Except they are not yet sure it seems.

Whilst I believe such research is important and its good to know the way things work, I have reached the stage in my life where I prefer to do my own research into the effects of food, wine and indulgence generally on my poor tired old body.

The future is for the young (at least one hopes it is, what with MMGW and all - that should get 'im goin' :twisted: ) but for me the present is quite adequate ta very much even if I do have to strain the grey cell remembering which button, with the wrong label on, to press.

So I guess you might be right. If Greg makes it this far, we'll crack open something other than water. Might even manage some summer pudding and BIRDS ( :shock: ) custard :lol:

"Well thats why they have spent zillions finding a way to accelerate things to find out what gives stuff mass init? Except they are not yet sure it seems."

I know a way they could do that for a couple of €€s. Just go into any of the churches around here, or you, on a Sunday morning and there's nowt but mass :twisted: The couple of €€s go in the bag/tin/box they bring around afterwards, or so I'm told. If I were to go to one I would get yet another example of gravity when the roof fell on me 'ead :shock:

I think you two need some more water with whatever it is you're drinking ! (We've still got blurry loads of water. Grrrr

Gus, I'll make sure I have your details and if we do end up heading your way, I'll try to look you up.

gregmcateer":3trngln2 said:
Gus, I'll make sure I have your details and if we do end up heading your way, I'll try to look you up.

I don't know how long you are down for of course but there are two places well worth a visit. Both are several hours drive from you and we are roughly on the way. The Gouffe at Padirac is the most fantastic cave system and Rocamadour is a town built into cliffs - amazing place. You could just about do the two in a day, although it would be a long one.

I guess it depends how you spend your holidays.

When I used to do such things, I used to travel about everywhere. The rest of the family pick a spot on the beach and don't move for two weeks :?

John seems determined that he has the best wine in the world down there. What nonsense. Chateau Nodrog has the finest vintages in the universe and its right here.

The Gouffe de P is fantastic. Some incredible cave paintings and a couple of lovely footprints. You aren't supposed to take photos in there, but out guide turned a blind eye to me and I think it was because I didn't use flash, just long exposure times with my camera supported on what ever was handy!

Rocamadour is also well worth the visit. The walk out onto the bit of the chateau that sticks out over the cliff is scary, but incredible! Not sure if it's still open to the public now?

The Celé Valley is well worth a ride through. There are houses at the Cahor end that are dug into the cliffs. The cliffs along the valley are what they call apricot rock. We spend several holidays in that valley. The Celé River is very pretty and we liked it so much our choclat ladrador is called Celé !!

The biggest problem with France is that there are more places to see than time to see them..

I once took the PCB out of a video game that had suffered a coke attack in Skindles pub in Maidenhead, washed it with hot water and soap in the bar sink and then spent twenty minutes drying it with the heater in my car. The staff thought I was crazy, but I got the thing working.
Please note that I was employed as a service engineer at the time, BTW, I wasn't simply a customer.

Talking about Rocamodour!! If you were watching Le Tour, the Tour of France for you lot, they showed a lovely helicopter shot of the place. It really showed the drama of the place! Ab fab :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Some pikkies

https://www.google.fr/search?q=rocamado ... 09&bih=631

Edit : - I nearly forgot to sy that when they showed it today it showed a number of people on both of the castles wall projections over the valley, so it looks as oif they are open to all. Not for the faint hearted as the wall is very low and the drop has got to be 500 feet plus!

Back