blum movento one side not closing fully

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Helvetica

Established Member
Reaction score
As per title. Left side holding open by a few mills. If I push it closed it pops back open. Two other drawers are perfect. I don’t have depth adjustment with blumotion. I tried moving the whole left mechanism back but it stil stops short. Any ideas?

There are numerous different iterations of Movento. Some have soft close, some have tip-on push to open and some have both. Depending on the width of the drawer and the type of mechanism, the two sides may need to be synchronised with a sync rod fitting.

Alternatively your drawer or cabinet may be slightly out of square or one of the runner mountings slightly out of level. I presume you have drilled the hole in the correct place in the back of the box? If the pin is not going in, then the drawer will not close. The current Movento units have lateral, fore and back and up and down adjustment of a few mm.

This can happen if the unit is not square, or the drawer is not square, or if the drawer is a wobbler.
Sometime the solution is to pack the front or back of the runner out to re-square.

I checked the drawer dimensions and it is square to within half a mil. The cabinet is good too.
The front to back adjustment seems to be an add-on, would this sort it? Cannot for the life of me see the issue.
For what it’s worth they are - Blum Movento 760H4200B Full-Extension Drawer Guides with Blumotion Nom. Length 420 mm 40 kg

Have you tried looking or feeling the back hook and making sure both sides are right in.

Sorted - the depth of the runners was slightly off, user error! I’ll know for next tine. Cheers lads

Latest posts

Back