Bluetooth query

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tim

Established Member
Reaction score
I have a bluetooth headset for my mobile and also have bluetooth capability on my PC. Indeed the PC and phone can see each other for file exchange, back up etc.

I have associated my headset with my Pc as well, thinking I could cunningly use it for Skype calls etc but while it is recognised as a new piece of hardware I can't get it to function as a headset to talk to/ through the computer.

I'm running XP SP2 and WIndows Pro.

Any ideas or is it not possible?

Cheers

Tim

i don't think it'll be possible as you don't have anything to create the message on your PC to pass to the bluetooth headset.

If you was to install a new headset designed for a pc then this would be taken care off if you know what i mean

Andy

It is possible but depending on the make of your headset you will probably need to download specific drivers. I use a tdk bluetooth headset with Skype on my laptop. I had to download the tdk bluetooth stack for the laptop from their site.
Mike

Your best bet is to try the relevant site for the computer / laptop end of the equation. The phone end will be intended to work with a range of kit, but the computer end will have to be instructed as to what its sposed to communicate with. In my own case I have an ericsson phone and a tdk bluetooth adaptor for my laptop, hence the TDK bluetooth stack from the tdk website. You might in fact find that the sme TDK stack will work for you.
Mike

Back