Bluetooth/FM enabled ear-defenders

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RogerS

Established Member
Reaction score
More for use out in the garden strimming.

Any recommendations ? I bought a set of Protear headphones. The Up button has failed after 6 weeks and so being returned to Amazon for refund.

Looking in eBay, it would appear that there is only one city in China (ProtearZhengChang) making bluetooth/FM enabled ear-defenders. Isn't that depressing - one company appearing to dominate the market and producing cr*p.

I've got a pair of Ion Audio Tough Sounds (Amazon), they've lasted a couple of years so far.

I have a pair of Bose QC35 noise cancelling headphones. They are maybe a bit pricey, but really very good.

I use these in the workshop when machining, with just noise cancelling function - I don’t usually like to listen to stuff whilst machining, as I prefer to concentrate on keeping my fingers etc.

I use them on the tractor mower when cutting the grass - with Bluetooth: either with a pocket dab/fm radio into which I plug a little Bluetooth transmitter; or connected to my iPhone and listening typically to BBC Radio catch up on the Sounds app.

In the olden days of air travel, I even used them in flight.

Cheers

I think 3M do a pair but I have no idea how good they are or not.

Could you get cordless Bluetooth earbuds and use those?

I've had the Ion Tough Sounds for about 3 years now and I've been very happy with them.
The only 'fault' is that they are quite a tight fit on my fat head!

More for use out in the garden strimming.

Any recommendations ? I bought a set of Protear headphones. The Up button has failed after 6 weeks and so being returned to Amazon for refund.

Looking in eBay, it would appear that there is only one city in China (ProtearZhengChang) making bluetooth/FM enabled ear-defenders. Isn't that depressing - one company appearing to dominate the market and producing cr*p.
I use ISOTUNES
I've never had a problem with them 👍

I use ISOTUNES
I've never had a problem with them 👍
I can guarantee that they would fall out of my lugholes. Actually, living up here, all-over ear defenders have another massive advantage. We have three sorts of insects that have been created to make life a living hell if you're outside.

Midges - luckily I might get bitten but have no reaction and if my poor old Midge Magnet aka LOML is out then they will make a beeline for her instead. Clegs - at least you can feel them bite you, they are so slow that you can crush and kill them.

No...both of these pale into nothingness compared to the flies. They seem particularly attracted to the ears. Dozens and dozens. Also the eyes, they like. Wearing all-over ear defenders and safety goggles seems to block whatever pheromone or smell they are attracted to.

Look at ISO tunes. They are specifically designed for (workshop) noise cancelling and are rated against us and European standards. Have a bunch of different designs, are dust resistant too.

I really rate mine. Would recommend

I use some Bluetooth sports earbuds with Peltor ear defenders over them in the workshop. I tried ISOtunes and sent them back because none of the tips fitted my ears. They sounded good though.

OK..update

Rule 1 - Read the e-Bay description properly. The 3M I ordered came today. It's purely aimed at making and taking phone calls as it only has one earpiece. So if the seller won't take them back, they'll be up for sale here.

The 3M's Chris liked to sound very promising..so much so that I ordered a pair. Should perhaps have read the post above first as those Still look pretty good as well,

Roger, pm me your address please. theres a chance i might be able to help, or atleast give you false hope lol. The lack of tapatalk makes it extremely difficult to participate here now...

Thanks Roger. I bought some bluetooth ear muffs some time ago but because the workshop was like a faraday cage they never got fm reception very well. I'll put them in the post for you to have a fiddle. I got a couple lithium ion batteries for them so hopefully after being unused for a few years they still charge ok. Give me a couple days to post them ;@)

Back