Bluetooth ear buds

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just picked up a set of these and they are fantastic. I've been using wireless headphones for a while now, but the little cable joining the two buds has always annoyed me as the buds would pull out when I turn my head. These are independant, no wires, they have their own internal battery, and are so much better! They block some of the workshop noise, and don't get in the way of other PSE.

It's amazing how fast these have become affordable. (It's shame we still can't produce an affordable 'square' square yet though ...)

61CL3mnOfUL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Here are the ones I got if anyone is interested.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07 ... UTF8&psc=1

I've recently been looking around for something to replace my popping and crackling, dented travel speakers that are always being drowned out by workshop machinery. Bluetooth earbuds seem like they might be a good solution for me but I have been looking at the ones that have noise cancelling to save me putting on the ear defenders, when necessary, as well.
Yours don't mention it in the description. Do you think yours would be better with it or are they good anyway?

I prefer the type with a wire since I wear mine when out walking so I want to make sure they arent going to get lost and I like to have remote access for volume etc but I have to agree bluetooth headphones are really excellent for any situation where you are active.

They don't have active noise cancelation, but the seal around the ear is very good, at least for me (there are different sized buds included). It certainly makes a difference, although it won't be to the extent that a good set of ear defenders will provide.

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

I have a set for running, find them great excluding the occasional issue with connecting but think thats my phone.
Not suitable for hearing protection though.

I got a pair of Aftershokz Aeropex for Christmas. They're bone transmission type of audio and I'm pretty impressed with them. You can use them with or without ear plugs and I can put on and take off my glasses and they don't interfere with each other at all. Bluetooth wireless and I've found I don't need them to be as loud as buds for me to hear well. Extra plus is they don't block out the real world if you don't use ear plugs.

ScaredyCat":2iijqu84 said:
I got a pair of Aftershokz Aeropex for Christmas. They're bone transmission type of audio and I'm pretty impressed with them. You can use them with or without ear plugs and I can put on and take off my glasses and they don't interfere with each other at all. Bluetooth wireless and I've found I don't need them to be as loud as buds for me to hear well. Extra plus is they don't block out the real world if you don't use ear plugs.

Interesting. I guess its one of those things you'd have to try really as its such a different design, but it looks like it would be tinny?

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

They are a bit tinny if you don't use ear plugs (either in ear or over) but that's the design, ie you have full hearing plus music/audio book. You can even take or make calls with them.

I was dubious at first but putting the ear plugs (some are supplied) in makes a difference. The biggest advantage over christmas was allowing people to think you were listening to them whilst enjoying music and occasionally saying "uh hu, mm" and nodding. :lol:

Back