Block Plane

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But Alice - you don't do metal work!

BugBear (remembering a post where "someone" drilled and tapped a Veritas)

Ian Dalziel wrote:
my little infill thumb plane i made from the shepherd kit gets more play than either of the above.

Oh Rats! Block planes and chisels, my two weaknesses. Cannot resist either. I shall have to take a peek as well.

Just to prove the point (and NOT meaning this as a gloat), I have a LN bronze #103, LN 60-1/2, Stanley #18 knuckle joint (cutting angle of 60 degrees), Stanley #65 knucklejoint (with Hock blade), and Stanley #140 (with LN blade).

As good as the LN #60-1/2 is, the Stanley #65 leaves it for dust! But my favourite is the little #103. It can do everything - face grain, bevels, endgrain .. and feels like an extension of my hand.

Regards from Perth

Derek

Just to prove the point (and NOT meaning this as a gloat)
No, of course not, Derek. Perish the thought. [-X What can you do if it's just a fortunate, sorry, I mean unfortunate by-product of confessing your sins? :wink: :lol: Funny though, I didn't think I had a particular block plane weakness, but if having just five counts then I'm in serious trouble... :shock: It'd be a little help if we could agree that chariot planes don't count...

Cheers, Alf

Back