Blister Woodrat

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tony Spear

Established Member
Reaction score
Blister,

Did you ever get the information you needed about the Woodrat, the Router Boss and the Leigh jig?

For my input I would say that Martin Godfrey invented an incredible tool to help him with making joints, he's tried to upgrade the machine but he's been slow to understand the marketing requirements of the US market place.

The Router Boss has all sorts of little positioning tricks, Digital readouts etc., which suit the American market, because they seem to tend to think that they are entitled to be able to "mill" the stock to shape and form by winding a few handles (i.e. a milling machine for wood). And they're trying to market it as just that. But, I've never seen somebody teaching Woodwork on the T.V. who points out that wood moves and you have to cater for that. That of course fits in entirely with the "Norm Culture" which implies that if you've got enough tools you can make anything!

Hi

I had a communication from Mr Router Boss

And prices of the products

At the moment its cost prohibitive to ship one to the UK

so will keep a lookout in the UK

Cheers :wink:

Tony Spear":r7wm7aq0 said:
.... But, I've never seen somebody teaching Woodwork on the T.V. who points out that wood moves and you have to cater for that. That of course fits in entirely with the "Norm Culture" which implies that if you've got enough tools you can make anything!
Actually Norm often makes reference to wood moving and making allowances for it.

Back