Bliss

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mickfb

Established Member
Reaction score
Just thought I would share with you how my workshop is going.

I have been to focused on machines for the workshop. I have been pulling my hair out on deciding which bandsaw to get. I have forgot what the workshop is for, it's making things!

I know this sounds obvious but I got caught up in thinking I need more and more machines. I have started making a small ash table for the up stairs landing. I thought I must get a decent bandsaw to make it.

How wrong was that thought. I am a joiner by trade and have to make things quickly and to a price, sometimes I don't even work with wood, mainly man made boards.

I have done the mortices with a forstner bit in the pillar drill and the tenons can be hand cut. I have had enjoyed myself using hand tools.

What I am trying to say is don't get caught in the " I must have more and more machines" the pleasure is. making.things. Don't get me wrong I will use machines but don't think they are a must have item.

+1 Above

I'm in the process of downsizing my machines and replacing with Handtools, I use machines at work all day long, it's great to get home and work by hand. No dust, no noise and less setup time.

Back