Blimey things have changed round 'ere

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No he's a labour councillor now ................... well almost, just missed it by 99.5% of the vote..... :) :) :) :)
I was there as a "paper" candidate in an impossibly tory ward (mostly Chatsworth House and estate) and got more votes than expected! Can't remember the figures should have written them down.:rolleyes:
Explained it to Bobby several times but he still can't get it.:rolleyes:

I was there as a "paper" candidate in an impossibly tory ward (mostly Chatsworth House and estate) and got more votes than expected! Can't remember the figures should have written them down.:rolleyes:
Explained it to Bobby several times but he still can't get it.:rolleyes:

Jacob it was 8% of the vote,, it's all on record, very easy to find as you told us the area (if thats better than expected, I suspect it's because your family voted for you). I could have got more by standing as "barking Bob's best party you've ever been to party" putting a flower pot on my head and wearing spandex yellow polka dot pants, whilst singing "the lady from Nantucket" ................ why not try it next time as an experiment, as the paper candidate thing didn't work.
Although I remember you did do better than one of your relatives who stood as a labour candidate in another area and got even less, you kicked his pineapple :) bet that was an interesting after party.

P.S. Good to hear from you R.O.B. and good to hear life has improved.

Last edited:
Good to see you back Bob. Even better to hear the health issues plural are improving, best wishes on that score.
Sam.
P.S. Jacob is quieter. Just.

Jacob it was 8% of the vote,, it's all on record, very easy to find as you told us the area (if thats better than expected, I suspect it's because your family voted for you). I could have got more by standing as "barking Bob's best party you've ever been to party" putting a flower pot on my head and wearing spandex yellow polka dot pants, whilst singing "the lady from Nantucket" ................ why not try it next time as an experiment, as the paper candidate thing didn't work. :)

P.S. Good to hear from you R.O.B. and good to hear life has improved.
I was quite pleased with it. Not least just getting the nomination papers sorted - big last minute chase around the houses and farms, thought I might have to knock on the door of Chatsworth and ask the Duke to sign - you never know!

LOL....you ran for the locals then Jacob....actually good for you old son....I think that takes courage and conviction and as all "proper" leaders will tell you....they never got the big job first time round, quite the opposite in fact, they experienced multiple failures and kept on. I suspect you have the "sinews" to do the same so, regardless the politics....you go for it....and go again...and again.

Can you make timber sash's compulsory when you get elected please....I hate seeing flippin casement windows in holes of period homes designed for sashes.

All done and dusted Bob

AU1XXXy.jpg

culUfaM.jpg

Evening all

Been a while. Just checked and my last post was Spring 2018! The forum had a different colour back then. I see some old faces are still here so that's nice. is Chas still moderating?

Hope you're all well.

Cheers
Bob
Hi there, I'm a newbie but can see by the responses your presence has been missed. So I too welcome you back and hope your furure holds only bright & sunny days and lots of shavings of course! ☀️😊

Welcome back Bob, glad your life has taken a turn for the better.

Is that an extension on one side that the planning authority made you set back to make it look like an extension, strange ideas they have sometimes?

ha. Incredible work!

Do you buy the land, build and then sell or are you playing Monopoly?

I bought a derilict house, lived in it for 18 months whilst this one was built behind it, then knocked original house down. First time I have done anything like this.
The new land, is a 7 acre field we currently rent out on an hourly basis to dog walkers. Could get a lovely house on there but planning is a challenge.

Welcome back Bob, glad your life has taken a turn for the better.

Is that an extension on one side that the planning authority made you set back to make it look like an extension, strange ideas they have sometimes?

Gets confusing with 2 Bob's, second part for me.
Yes I had to rebuild original footprint of existing house, even though it was new build, so the set back bit is the "extension" as well as the double vault at the back and the loft rooms, which is mine and the mrs bedroom and massive ensuite 🤣

Hey guys.....dam fine to hear your voices again (well your typeface shall we say!!)

Harry is all good thanks, in fact best he's been since 2012. His leg was broken/infected/broken/infected for best part of 6 years and we were staring down the barrel of amputation. Luckily, his surgeon at the Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital came up with the grandest plan of all and in Spring 2019 did a massive procedure (6 hours in theatre) where he basically fused the tibia and fib together, shoved a monster rod up the middle of the bone and scarfed in a piece of his hip bone. It was stunning work and when I get re-established as myself (Random orbital) I'll do a proper thread on it including images because the X rays put all us woodworkers to shame :) The scarf joint in the tibia is bloody amazing :) But, yes, thanks chaps, he's now walking normally....nee running in fact. My wife's cancer has been in remission for several years and basically the sun came back out in our lives....dark days for a while back there but now, pretty much normal. We're both working again so precious little time to make things out of wood or turn things but I still keep my hand in when I can.

Nice to see some of the old names still here though. How are you guys all doing? have I missed much?

That's wonderful to hear about Harry and yor wife, Rob, heartwarming in these times - I think I'll pass on the images though if that's ok. Blech.

Back