Blimey things have changed round 'ere

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Random Orbital Bob

Established Member
Reaction score
Evening all

Been a while. Just checked and my last post was Spring 2018! The forum had a different colour back then. I see some old faces are still here so that's nice. is Chas still moderating?

Hope you're all well.

Cheers
Bob

It’s a bit like the Hobbits coming home, a lot's changed and not all for the better. You have to be careful what you say now, we could do with Merry coming home and throwing some of the rules on the fire in my opinion.
Quite a few of the more competent members have departed or told to go. Ian

Evening all

Been a while. Just checked and my last post was Spring 2018! The forum had a different colour back then. I see some old faces are still here so that's nice. is Chas still moderating?

Hope you're all well.

Cheers
Bob

Are you logged in on the right account? Your panel says you last (and only) post was 2011, and this is your second one.

I look forward to your rebuttal in 2031.

LOL...yes, I've just realised I am indeed on the wrong account. Its Random Orbital Bob here (used to be a moderator). I'd better figure out what my proper credentials are and relog!!

I'm happy to help if you can't remember the details.

LOL...yes, I've just realised I am indeed on the wrong account. Its Random Orbital Bob here (used to be a moderator). I'd better figure out what my proper credentials are and relog!!

Hey Bob, how are you? how is your son doing, he wasnt well from memory a few years ago?

Hi Bob, great to see you back. I hope all is now ok and things are more stable for you.

Hey guys.....dam fine to hear your voices again (well your typeface shall we say!!)

Harry is all good thanks, in fact best he's been since 2012. His leg was broken/infected/broken/infected for best part of 6 years and we were staring down the barrel of amputation. Luckily, his surgeon at the Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital came up with the grandest plan of all and in Spring 2019 did a massive procedure (6 hours in theatre) where he basically fused the tibia and fib together, shoved a monster rod up the middle of the bone and scarfed in a piece of his hip bone. It was stunning work and when I get re-established as myself (Random orbital) I'll do a proper thread on it including images because the X rays put all us woodworkers to shame :) The scarf joint in the tibia is bloody amazing :) But, yes, thanks chaps, he's now walking normally....nee running in fact. My wife's cancer has been in remission for several years and basically the sun came back out in our lives....dark days for a while back there but now, pretty much normal. We're both working again so precious little time to make things out of wood or turn things but I still keep my hand in when I can.

Nice to see some of the old names still here though. How are you guys all doing? have I missed much?

Hey guys.....dam fine to hear your voices again (well your typeface shall we say!!)

Harry is all good thanks, in fact best he's been since 2012. His leg was broken/infected/broken/infected for best part of 6 years and we were staring down the barrel of amputation. Luckily, his surgeon at the Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital came up with the grandest plan of all and in Spring 2019 did a massive procedure (6 hours in theatre) where he basically fused the tibia and fib together, shoved a monster rod up the middle of the bone and scarfed in a piece of his hip bone. It was stunning work and when I get re-established as myself (Random orbital) I'll do a proper thread on it including images because the X rays put all us woodworkers to shame :) The scarf joint in the tibia is bloody amazing :) But, yes, thanks chaps, he's now walking normally....nee running in fact. My wife's cancer has been in remission for several years and basically the sun came back out in our lives....dark days for a while back there but now, pretty much normal. We're both working again so precious little time to make things out of wood or turn things but I still keep my hand in when I can.

Nice to see some of the old names still here though. How are you guys all doing? have I missed much?

Well, that is the best news I have heard in a long time. I am really happy for you all!

Well, that is the best news I have heard in a long time. I am really happy for you all!
Thanks my friend....it took a fair degree of stress off my shoulders I can tell you. I'm more yer "bum in the butter" kinda guy and didn't take well to the chronic, long term, suffocating type of darkness that health issues create.

Back