Blame Philly - new baby 9lb 61/2 oz.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Knight

Established Member
Reaction score
Sauer and Steiner A1 panel plane 16 1/2 inches Hock high carbon iron and very nearly a pound and a half heavier than my LN #7 (which is 8 lbs).

It arrived this morning and has already taken a couple of perfect shavings. More will have to wait until my bench is clear of other stuff first.

A1panel.sized.jpg

Chris

Gobsmacked! That's stunning!!!!!! :mrgreen:

Hope you'll be posting an in-depth report!

Drooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool. :mrgreen:

Cheers, Alf

P.S. Hope Philly doesn't have to explain that subject line to his SWMBO... :? :shock: :lol:

No doubt Philly will have a couple soon :lol:

Nice plane Chris and I'll bet it's well worth the long wait

Fantastic - what did SWMBO say? We sacrificed our holiday for that?

Absolutely stunning. You must be over the moon.

Adam

[We haven't failed to notice the spalted box that sneaked into the background either!!! :wink: ]

That is gorgeous, Chris - congratulations to the proud parent! :lol:

Cheers,
Neil

Congratulations on the arrival of such a fine little shaver.

Gill

Chris, it looks gorgeous. Can you feel the weight when you are pushing it or does it just glide along as if on a cushion of air?

Will you make a box to keep it in?

Will a new phase now be added to the english language

"keeping up with the Phillies"

Andy

Forgot to ask:

What do these things go for then? £50? £60

Like the one on Ebay last night. :wink:

Tim

Whose already got his coat on because its damn cold

Scott, I shall indeed lose no opportunity to say a bit more about it when I have the bench clear and some miles under my belt!

Tim - in my right arm!

Alf, Do you suppose his SWMBO is allowed anywhere near these pages?

Tony, definitely worth the wait! It made the anticipation that much greater and when the parcel arrived I felt like a little kid at Christmas - only difference is I'm playing with the thing inside and not the packing material!

Adam, think it might have been a car actually...

Gill, what a ghastly pun :lol: :lol: :lol:

Philly, with your track record you must have known you would be blamed!

Andy, it feels as though I could wield it all day - mind you I have been going to the gym! As for a proper place to put it I am contemplating my wall space and a pukka tool cabinet.

Tim - missed that Ebay one - darn!

Thats just a work of art Chris, I'm totally speechless at its beauty! I hope your very, very proud of it. Its also nice that you can still get items of this quality and craftsmanship in this day-n-age!

Fantastic and totally green with envy! :D Look forward to seeing/hearing more from you once you've had time to put it into action!

SimonA

chris if ever you go on holiday i am sure one or two on this group will baby sit for you :wink: :wink: was it you that got the triple roll over :lol: :lol:

Chris

Fantastic gloat to beat all gloats and well worth it, a really beautiful looking plane. I can hear Philly now, must have one, must have one :D :D :D

You never came back with a price; or have we got to guess?

Don't make us wait too long for a review.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: WOW! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Back