Blade clamping problem

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlanK

Reaction score
Hi everyone, totally new to scroll saws so please bear with me.
I`ve just got a new Holzmann DKS21Pro saw and having problems clamping the blade in place. In the photos you can see when clamped the pinless blade is bent by the grub screw pushing in on the blade and I've already broken a couple of blades at this point. The screw on the left is in as far as it goes and also holds on the metal plate that takes pinned blades.
Should I remove the metal plate so the screw goes in a bit further and reduces the bend in the blade or is that quite normal for a clamp fitting to hold the blade bent like that ? The very poor instructions don't mention removing the plate and the screw did have some loctite on it so I guess they didn't want it to be removed. It all looks a bit dodgy to me !!!
Cheers
Alan
124946455_3638888122841376_6115477766380793771_n.jpg

Took a couple of stills from the Holzmann video on Youtube and when he changes to a pinless blade the plate is clearly still there !!!
clamp2.jpg
clamp.jpg

no it shouldn't deform the blade like that.
if you take the pinned blade wear plate out, does the screw on the left pass all the way through and present it's face for the blade to be tightened against? it should leave a gap of about 0.5mm when the blade is locked between the two screws then, thus stopping wear on the aluminium head and also stopping the blade deforming.

Ok, took out the plate and the screws pokes through a bit more. The blade is still a bit bent when clamped with the grub screw but not as bad...
IMG_20201110_161931__01.jpg

Not the greatest of photos but the left hand screw sticks out a bit but the grub screw still bends the blade a bit..
IMG_20201110_161931__02__01.jpg

I don't know this saw but a quick search suggests it is a brand engineered Scheppach. so next question. what does the end of the left side screw look like? if it's a cheap the end will be sort of dished, which is causing the blade to be deformed.
if it is, then I'm afraid it's a replace screw on the left, which means you can get something the correct length (measure the cheap one, I bet it will be a shade under a real length (15mm most likely).

I don't know this saw but a quick search suggests it is a brand engineered Scheppach. so next question. what does the end of the left side screw look like? if it's a cheap the end will be sort of dished, which is causing the blade to be deformed.
if it is, then I'm afraid it's a replace screw on the left, which means you can get something the correct length (measure the cheap one, I bet it will be a shade under a real length (15mm most likely).
I've sent an email off to Holzmann along with some photos to what they have to say. Thinking of just getting it sent back to D&M Tools where it came from. Don't really see why I should have all this agro to fix a blade in place. I got this one over some others as I thought the blade change would be easier than some I've seen.

It's being swapped over tomorrow for the Record scroll saw. Couldn't be mucking about with a new tool just to get it to do it's basic function. Excellent service from D&M Tools.

Latest posts

Back