• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Black Walnut tree - Free.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dovetail

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Gentlemen -
I know Black Walnut is a valued wood. I just received an email via the Contact Us that one or more of you may be interested in.
And I know I'm not doing the For Sale rules, or Wanted rules right, but this seems to be an exception.

This is the message:
Black walnut tree uprooted
My parents black walnut tree was uprooted in high winds South West Bristol recently. It is huge, over 100 years old and 30/40 foot long. Currently untouched in their garden. Is there anyone on this forum who would like it for free, but will need to agree to take whole tree away. Please message if interested

[email protected]

Don't we have a Welsh member.........Chippy-something........who planks his own timber? I don't know what part of Wales he's from, but Brizzle is practically in Wales anyway.

The thing with British walnut is that it can be very odd shapes, branching low down and often. What looks like a big tree might actually yield very little useable timber (well, other than for turners).

tenor.gif

Don't we have a Welsh member.........Chippy-something........who planks his own timber? I don't know what part of Wales he's from, but Brizzle is practically in Wales anyway.

The thing with British walnut is that it can be very odd shapes, branching low down and often. What looks like a big tree might actually yield very little useable timber (well, other than for turners).

@topchippyles

Bristol is an hour and 20 minutes from me or might have been interested.Plenty of trees a lot closer (y)

Hi there
I would be very interested if this is still available?
Please feel free to contact me at [email protected]

Double Bob if you look at the first post it was relayed by Angie and to reply to the email address if interested. They won't be contacting you unless Angie relays your email to them. Better to respond directly on your own. ;)

Pete

If you do Rob D - I'd be interested as I'm in Brizzle as are several other members who'll prolly like to get thier hands on some black walnut - even shorter sections.

Hello ...I am in yate...no Bristol.....if anyone has views to sharing a few pieces ....ideally for turning.....I’d be interested....

Latest posts

Back