Black dot!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi Everyone
I am new to the forum and as I complete the restoration on my workshop and begin work on a large load of reclaimed timber I have come across a problem I have no answer.

The Timber is mixed type of rough cut offs from the manufacturer of scaffolding planks.
13foot length and after delivery to a job last year have stood untouched in a garden here in the north east.

I rescued the wood thinking it was still workable but after scrubbing off the black crumb like dots (like tiny dots of dirt) and storing the wood in the workshop the crumbs / black dots have reestablished themselves..

How do I treat this and should I be concerned about keeping them outside until treated.

Regards,
Bren

Assuming the dots don't have legs, could it be a fungus?
443be53d3adcca96f0aa197126dd7964--black-spot-shaving.jpg

This is close but what I have is like a crumb but don’t think it is moving ie a bug.. tryd uploading pics but lost patience in end after 2 attempts.. Struggling with the tech.. in fairness this will prob be the only post / reply I make but thank u for the response..

Regards
Bren

Back