Black Bowls, cheers Woody.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Weasel Howlett

Established Member
Reaction score
Inspired by WoodyTurner's wire wool and vinegar post I went out and had a go myself. This technique is amazing and I am pretty sure I'm going to make a whole black series of things now, cheers Woody :)

45966966477911e2962d22000a1f9aa0_6.jpg

9dc74e1c46ba11e2b74c22000a9f1427_6.jpg

They certainly look effective well tuned and beautifully finished i like the way the grain shows thro the ebonizing it marks my card for certain well done =D> =D> =D> =D>
Regards
Bill

remulo":3v9lytia said:
a good job, what kind of wood did you use?
It's oak as this is what Woody had used in conjunction with the vinegar and wire wool, although apparently the technique will work with any wood with high tannin levels (whatever they may be).

Well done Weasel they look fantastic in every sense of the word a very good design and very well executed the shape and color are so pleasing to the eye go to the top of the class :D :D

Thanks so much for the kind words. I've done a lot of turning in the last week and im really enjoying finding what works. This vinegar method is great fun and I can't wait to get a load more oak blaks :D

henton49er":1zhh2866 said:
What is the finish after the vinegar treatment?
My finish of choice... Briwax. I just love the shine it gives. I need to experiment with other finishes really but I find this or tung oil suit most of my needs.

Back