Black and Decker WM2000 vs WM700 plus

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jammij

Reaction score
Hi I am looking to purchase a second hand workmate because it folds away and I don't need it out all the time. Also dontbwant to soend too much on a new high end model. I am a novice DIYer would use it mostly for cutting metal tracks (fabric blinds for my wife. Also cutting timber lengths some perspex sheet other small jobs just basically a sturdy table top and clamping. I have seen second hand the WM700 plus looks well used and the WM2000 in very good condition. What would you recommend would be the best option? I know the WM2000 Jaws can rotate which is goid for supporting sheet material and generally a nice detail not sure if the WM700 plus does the same also I believe there maybe a type 1 and type 2 if the WM700 not sure what the difference is? Would these models be better built than the very new models?

Tks in advance
J

what ever u decide keep going to car boots etc....u'll find something there for not a lot....
Provided ur not in a rush.....
Have seen em in skips......
Perhaps look on facebook or preloved there's always tools being flogged off.....
All 4 of mine were used and still work a treat....apart from the "Bxxxdy" fold out leg catches....
Keep the joints and threads well oil'd up for a long life....

If you need it portable I feel the workmate 2000 is clumbersome. I brought it hold a couple of big projects.

But for general use my standard workmate 700 is a much more handy size.

Hi Thank for your replys. I wanted to get something soon and was in the area so opted for the 2000 as I have no real worktop area to speak of I thought better go for large surface area. It is bigger than the average WM and looks solid looking fwd to trying it out. I could use it in garage or shed or use it just outside wouldn't be looking to move it far.

Yes this was £30 in the end good condition.

Attachments

• WM2000.jpg
    WM2000.jpg
    213.2 KB · Views: 17
Back