Bizarre, innovative or just plain daft?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Green wood turning with a pole lathe is a fascinating thing to watch and if I thought I had the way to do just that I would jump at the chance, but I have met Mike Abbot a coiuple of times and chatted to him and I have the impression that he would be above this kind of belief that a sound can live on in a turned item? He may have changed, it was a while back..

Green wood does NOT produce dust, unless it's very dry green wood :? :?

The expression 'Pony poo' comes to mind :mrgreen: Or is it 'The Kings new clothes' ??

the Sound Lathe produces a unique wooden object at the end of each performance. This object serves as a memory of the performance, slightly faulty and incomplete

Just about says it all. :lol: :lol:

Some people have too much time on their hands.

Roy

Jonzjob":12em82n4 said:
Green wood does NOT produce dust, unless it's very dry green wood :? :?
I've had a go at this and it's really hard work. Turning dry, seasoned wood is tough going...when it's wet, squidgy and much softer it's far easier- Rob

Seems a bit daft to me. I like the pole lathe as a way to escape technology, sensors and noisy electrical equipment, and relax in a natural environment. Perhaps I'm strange, but this seems a fundamental misunderstanding of what is pleasurable about the pole lathe.

For weird noises, I prefer the Aeolian harp ...

What are u all talking about - thats a phd in Music from Oxford waiting to happen and a huge grant from the Arts Council to boot.
That fella could sit and write thesis after thesis on the back of it. Feel quite jealous.

Now, wonder if I can get my tablesaw to do something arty farty and get a grant for researching it in my garage for the next three years.

RogerS":nm90dzqr said:
Sheffield Tony":nm90dzqr said:

For weird noises, I prefer the Aeolian harp ...

or the Theremin

I want one of those then I could out-weird all of my neighbours :mrgreen:

Then again I wonder where the bloke was sat playing the saw?

The worst thing about your statement 99 is tht it's probably the way it will go and millions of quids will get thrown at him to do the con !

A nice pink one :? :?

Datsunpickup.jpg

OK I got me 'at :mrgreen:

Back