Bit Windy

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wizer

Established Member
Reaction score
Is it windy where you are today? 18mph here. I was going to get the Triton out.. but I fear it may blow away!

I'm on a ship in the Irish Sea. It's windy. There's lumpy bits too!
:D

For Sudbury from uk.weather.com: Wind From the Northwest at 24 gusting to 39 mph, I am wining so far.......

I now own a triton router, but seeing your comment brings out the old british biker in me. I never had a Triton of my own but the last one I rode had a 750 Triumph engine with twin SU carbs in a Norton wideline frame, 18 mph wind, nothing compared to the the ton plus in the other direction! :roll:

no wind and sunny in swindon BUT i'm stuck in the office and that makes it worse :(

Andy

LyNx":3jyl8q4t said:
no wind and sunny in swindon BUT i'm stuck in the office and that makes it worse :(

Andy

being in swindon is bad enough but in an office and in swindon

Martyn
Who escaped swindon for dorset. :lol:

:D bleive me make the move (got to go back on sunday mum and sis still there well calne) :twisted:

martyn

DaveL":2p5aie0h said:
For Sudbury from uk.weather.com: Wind From the Northwest at 24 gusting to 39 mph, I am wining so far.......

I now own a triton router, but seeing your comment brings out the old british biker in me. I never had a Triton of my own but the last one I rode had a 750 Triumph engine with twin SU carbs in a Norton wideline frame, 18 mph wind, nothing compared to the the ton plus in the other direction! :roll:

I did mean the Triton Workstation :wink:

Only averaging 6.7 mph here now, gusting to 8.3, NNW, and only struggled up to 25.5 around midnight. 11°C, 98%RH <wince> 1007 mb.

Gotta love the Old Man's new weather station. :D

Cheers, Alf

Well, on the technical side here in Herefordshire, the barometer is showing 1015. Apart from that I got home from walking the dog about 1/2 hour ago and it was b*****y freezing with a fair old wind blowing and a hint of rain/snow in the air. Glad to get back in the warm.

Cheers,

Trev.

DaveL":2ea33e9c said:
I now own a triton router, but seeing your comment brings out the old british biker in me.
Why is it that British bikers had this urge to pull bikes apart then create (in some cases) Frankensteinian combinations - NorBSA, TriBSA, Triton, REBSA (Royal Enfield - yuk!), etc not to mention what some of the continentals could do (remember Fritz Eglis Vincents?). Personally I still have a soft spot for the only British bike ever to have a long enough seat for three men and a dog - the Velo Venom - not as fast as some of the fire engines I had subsequently, but speed isn't everything when giving your mates a lift back from the pub, or is it? :twisted: Happy days.

Oh, and 700 or so feet up here in the Pennines, cold, bright, but not too windy today. Just high RH (92%). We must be missing it for a change.

Scrit

:shock: Blimey! Three men and a dog on a Venom? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Happy days, indeed. I was never into TRIBSAs, etc. - had enough trouble keeping one bike together in one piece. :roll:

Cheers,

Trev.

Well maybe not the dog, but certainly three of us on more than one occasion!

Scrit

I am pleased i took the train to cross the channel today, as it was very very windy (windforce 11 to 12)

Unfortunately the French :twisted: have introduced new electronic check in on their side for the tunnel.

Well hell that didn't work at all, their were ques from here to Tokyo. Had to change lanes 3 times, as people couldn't get it to work

At the end i went to a normal human being and got true in a second

However, to whole new check in system gave me a delay of an hour :twisted:

Hi all,

Scrit":m4ksw7qe said:
Well maybe not the dog, but certainly three of us on more than one occasion!

i knew a chap in the 60' who regally took his rather large poodle on the back of his Areal Leader!!! and my Jack Russell did hundreds of miles in my sidecar 8)
--------Frank--------.

Back