Bit of trouble setting up my Scheppach TS2000

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chronosoft

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

bought a second hand TS2000 a few weeks ago - I thoroughly cleaned it and gave the tables a good coat of wax - however - my rip fence isn't square when it is tightened up and the sliding table ever so slightly runs out on its length.

I have set the table up with the original manual and everything seems to run fine - followed this quite closely so I am confident everything is set up as per the manual.

Is there something I am missing with the setup or is it just a case of shimming out the various parts after I have been round it with a feeler gauge.

Also - where can i buy shims from if needed ?

Cheers

David

David,

The rip fence is adjusted by loosening a nut visible through a hole in the top of the steel square sectioned part of the fence, setting it sqare (ie parallel to the blade) then retightening the nut.

The sliding table supports may need to be shimmed out from the body of the saw. If you have no suitable steel shim material, you can use Post-it notes though these do squash down with time.

I thought I had bought my shim from Chronos but I don't see it on their site. My supply (a mixed pack of sheets about 12 inches by 6 inches) is however labelled as from:-

Pillar Seals and Gaskets Limited
Willowbrook Road, Hambridge Trading Estate
Worthing
Sussex BN14 8NA telephone 01903 207101

Hi David
It does take a while to set the saw up - although you should only have to do it once.
I got some excellent crib sheets from NMA (the importers of the Scheppach kit) on setting up the TS2000 (and the HMS260 as an aside). If you speak to them they are very helpful, and I'm sure they won't mind if I send you a scanned copy?
Tilgear (01707 873434) sell shim stock as they call it in thicknesses from 0.002" to 0.015" - pack of 10 6x12" steel sheets for £13. I used some takeaway foil containers until NMA sent me some more of the genuine ones.
It may take a couple of hours to set the machine up properly but it's time well spent.
Cheers
Gidon

I got their setup instructions to. A really good touch - although I can't see why they don't include such stuff in the original manuals.

Adam

Buy shims? :shock: I thought that's what drinks cans, aluminium foil, old saw blades etc etc were for! :lol: Could have sworn Axminster stocked some, but couldn't find it. :(

Cheers, Alf

Check the phone book for your local Engineering supplier they will all stock shim, and it saves on minimum order charges, postage etc.

Bean

Having seen the TS2000 on the NMA stand at the show, they know how to set them up!
Luverly bit of kit, some what green that you picked one up :mrgreen: :wink:
You will enjoy using it once its sorted. 8)

Cheers Bean and DaveL for the advice

I got it on ebay from a very nice man who hadn't apparently used dust extraction with it or bothered to set it up correctly - or use the riving knife -

I did check all his fingers and they were present :wink:

As such after the whole thing has been stripped down and put back together it runs beautifully and i got it cutting within 1mm out on a 2 metre run of wood, but it should be bang square no anything out in my opinion.

Anyway - nice man at NMA is sending me down the sheet to set it up and if anyone wants it - email me and I shall send it on.

Cheers

Hi Chronosoft....I wouldn't mind a copy of those sheets if you don't mind. I have a TS2000 which runs great, but it would be interesting to see if I've a different set up from them.

Cheers.

SimonA

when i get it - i am going to scan it and email it to who ever wants it - so send me your email address and I will queue em up

Cheers

David

I got it converted into PDF if anyone is interested - message me with you email and I will send it on

Cheers

David

I have the same - and have asked before but never got an answer :cry:, but ...
NMA if you are listening - are you happy for these crib sheets to be available as a download from this website (or I can host them if that's a problem)?
Cheers
Gidon

Can't help wondering why NMA don't stick 'em on their own website. :?: :? (Not to indicate your suggestion is a no-no, Gidon, just genuine perplexity on my part :roll: )

Cheers, Alf

ALF,

NMA seem to have website problems - e.g. not much there other than the catalgoue. The thing I find perplexing is they haven't registered with any search engines whatsoever. It almost seems to defeat the object of having a website at all. It's marked on their paper catalogues, (the URL of the website) but that's of no help 'cos all thats on website is what you are reading. Genuinely bizarre. Gotta a website, but then hide it away, so no search engines pick it up, hence it's almost impossible to find.

Adam

Hi David......

I've sent you a PM but I don't know if you've recieved it or not.....I don't have much trust in the PM system :roll: Let me know if you have or havent and I'll try again.....

CHeers

SimonA

I got it - I better wait for NMA to come back to me before I send any more out as I have no idea in hindsight if I am doing the right thing.

I did presume that I was saving the very nice man at NMA who sent me the fax a lot of time and trouble by distributing it to other fellow woodworkers who own this piece of kit.

So I will hang fire until some form of response is forthcoming :D

SimonA":zzeuo3aw said:
I've sent you a PM but I don't know if you've recieved it or not.....
Simon,

If you look in your "Outbox" you can see if the PM you sent has been read or not. If it's in the "Sent box" it has. :D

Cheers, Alf

Latest posts

Back