Bit of Meddings Driltru help needed

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BillK

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all
I've picked up a Driltru Mk2 that doesn't need a lot to get going, but I wonder if anyone that's got a Driltru could measure the thickness of the flange on the plastic top hat bush, the one on the pinion shaft that sits at the ride & fall handle side?
Mine's pretty wrecked at that end, the flange part is all missing. A mate can make me up a replacement but I've no way of telling how thick to make the flange.

Hope that make sense, it's part 14 the 'activating gear bush' on the Meddings parts breakdown
Cheers
Bill

Hi

I have a Driltru Mk 2m but no manual so not sure of the part you want measured. If you can point me at the manual, I'll happily measure it!

Cheers both, Phil I think those links are direct on your machine and don't work over the web. Hope these work, the first is a diagram of the bush, it's the thickness of the flange I need, the red bit.
Mine's totally fallen to bits and shredded there, it's all gone. Don't know if it's nylon or some other black plastic

bush.gif

This is a pic off the parts breakdown, the bush is number 14. The bush is on the cross-shaft that operates the rise & fall, the flange sits outside the casing where the 3-leg wheel is.
Then there's the ally sleeve #15 and then the wheel

Driltru-Mk2parts.jpg

Check that drawing (or your glasses :lol: ). Number 14 is pointing to the I.D.plate.

Hi Bill

I think you mean #15? It's hard to follow the lines!
I've just put calipers on mine and it's 1/4". That's the thickness of the widest part, the bit that sits outside the housing.

Just a little follow-up, thanks to all for the help especially Deadeye for that measurement, my mate made a bush and it fits just right on the shaft. Super-smooth to use now too. I drilled a hole to poke in one of those disturbingly-catheter like tubes on aerosol oil cans and the like, to keep it lubed.

Got the drill up & making holes with a new motor and switch and pulley, runs nice & quiet. Feels a bit naked without the badge, I might have to do something about that but all good-

meddings-bush.jpg

meddings-1.jpg

meddings-2.jpg

Latest posts

Back