bit driver name

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonathanT

Reaction score
Hi, I'm putting together a lightweight bicycle tool kit consisting of one allen key, probably 5mm, and various bits (T25, hex 6mm etc) to fit the other bolts on my bike.

I need a bit driver that connects a 5mm allen key to the various bits, which I think it's called a socket sleeve. It would be a double female item rather than the normal male end for a drill and female end for the bits.

Does anyone know what the official name for this item would be and if it exists? I've seen I picture of one, I think, but can't get any more information and all my searches have so far failed.

Why don't you just by a standard lightweight bike tool? They have all you need, are really small, and have the great advantage of being a single item which means only one thing to look for in the long grass when you've finished fixing your puncture.

The one I linked to isn't a great example. I just picked it at random to represent the class of tools. Have a search through Wiggle or one of their competitors for the one that has precisely what you want.

Back