Biscuit Joints

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Wizard

Established Member
Reaction score
I recently took deliver of my £34 Ferm biscuit jointer, bargain! :lol: However, I am not sure of the correct depth of cut for a particular biscuit. There is a preset depth gauge on the tool but the number 10 cuts seem very deep to me. Can anyone advise on the correct depth of cut and views on glue quantities?

Regards

Wiz

Hi Wizard,

its the depth stop which is wrong.

If you look in the handbook that comes with the jointer on page 5 you'll see the bit on adjusting the cutter depth. Just adjust for one of the sizes according to the chart cutting depth for the biscuit size by adjusting the depth stop. You will have to drop the fence to get at it and the rest will be right.

Billzee :)

Hi Wizard,

Dave asked the same question a quite a while back now. I posted this:

I've just looked in my biscuit jointer manual and its says;

A #0 biscuit needs a 8mm deep groove..

So if you set the depth selector to '0' then adjust the depth of cut 8mm (or slightly deeper) your biscuit jointer will be set up correctly for all three biscuit sizes :)

Didn't I just say that :?

Edit: Sorry about the latter part of this message Charley ( now deleted)

Mistaken Identity

Ah sorry billzee so you did :oops: To be honest I didn't spot your post, think I pressed reply then had to nip out and sent my reply when I got back..

Back