Biscuit Jointer

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
motownmartin":3alaefhi said:
Ihave just bought one but not used it yet, after reading the comments i am a little concerned, lets hope it does the job.
Used it today, my first time using a biscuit jointer and was pleasantly surprised, seemed to have no problems.

I joined some 5" x 5/8" boards together for cabinet panels, I suppose I could have joined them without bisuits but this is my first attempt at making anything out of wood and it's all good practice for me.

Vormulac":3raayuvi said:
....It's not perfect, I found the depth fence was *fractionally* twisted so once I had set the depth on one side I had to push the other side down to the right height before I tightened it up - but once I had, it held the settings well.

I'm only a hobbyist, I expect it would p*ss off someone who had to make a hundred biscuit joints a day as part of their job......
Which sums it up rather nicely, I feel

Vormulac":3raayuvi said:
I was very wary because of all the talk about not considering a biscuit jointer unless it has cost at least £300
Well, £150 to £200 :oops: But as you pointed out the low cost item works providing you aren'te expecting too much.

Scrit (who hasn't got a £300 jointer, but who has got a £200 one)

Back