Biscuit Choices

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NigelParry

Reaction score
Guys, looking for advice on buying a biscuit jointer.

Not re-mortgaging so no to Festool as brilliant as Domino seems to be and also Lamello is too much for me.

Thinking DeWalt DEW682K or Makita PJ7000 seem to be the main options at my budget level.

Do you have any views ?

Thanks for the sage advice as always !

Get the Dewalt, it's a far nicer machine to use with the lever switch rather than the PITA click switch on the side that the Makita has.

I'll second the dewalt machine, I've tried many other makes and the dewalt machine is great to use. I have lots of festool but cannot justify the domino price.

I use the one that was in Aldi about 7 years ago. Admittedly, it doesn't do loads of work, Maybe 100 biscuits in that time, But it's done all I need. Edited to say, this was the workzone one with the alloy baseplate, Not the newer ferrex one

+1 for Makita. The motor has a soft start and there is no vibration - just a perfect clean cut. It’s also quiet for a universal motor. I’m using it to cut a double slot which has never been an issue. Used #10 and #20 only. I follow the advice to avoid using the height feature e.g. I use only a reference surface and a piece of plywood for spacers which results in two accurate and parallel slots. Of course if you like Dewalt stuff then the operation should be near enough identical but far better than bargain basement stuff too.

only hobnobs will do for me, anybody noticed that they've declined in quality?

Back