Birthday stumps

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

richburrow

Established Member
Reaction score
My lad is five tomorrow so I have made this to take our garden cricket to the next level. I don't think Gunn and Moore have anything to worry about but it was fun to make.
Elm stumps and Kingwood bales

579713_351670841552943_100001300895855_899349_174741270_n.jpg

380348_351670724886288_100001300895855_899348_259368418_n.jpg

A touch of super glue for the bails and a spanner for the stumps and he'd never be out :lol: :lol:
Very well done a thoughtful present , =D> Congrats.

Thanks guys
He had a lovely day and has a really nice weekend to look forward to.
It was good to be on the lathe again, I have got so much on at the moment it is hard to find time, I will be back asap
Thanks again
Rich

Does he need to practice against fast deliveries.......If he does, how about making a trebuchet launcher. Or is that too mean. :oops:

Hi Rich

This is right up my street! Love them. Top job, well done. Could I ask where you got the spring base set?

Cheers

Richard

The trebuchet launcher is a great idea for the future :D
Thanks Rich, I made the base from some old table legs from work. Close up the welds don't look amazing but the are strong!!!! I have a really nice chop saw for metal and that makes life fairly easy.

Alli":27pqvm0i said:
Does he need to practice against fast deliveries.......If he does, how about making a trebuchet launcher. Or that too mean. :oops:

For the slow deliverys I could suggest our postal service :roll: :roll: :mrgreen:

boysie39":2883mvpo said:
For the slow deliverys I could suggest our postal service :roll: :roll: :mrgreen:

If their anything like our postie, then you wouldn't know which field to stand in. Our post seems to be delivered to any house within a half mile radius. :D

Back