Birthday prezzie ??

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Hi all

Remeber this@?

https://www.ukworkshop.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=996&highlight=birthday

T'was but a year ago and now I need to decide what I want for this year - only a week to go so get the ideas coming thick and fast :wink:

Last year I went with the sage advice offered here and got the LN 4.5. Je n'ai aucun regret!!

Last year was a 'special' birthday (life beginning type of thing) but this year is a 'noraml' b'day

What do I get this year? I have no idea!!!

Not sure what kit you've already got Tony, but how about something that's too extravagant to justify the extra cost over a "regular" brand, but for which a birthday is just the excuse you need for the indulgence.

And for me, I'm thinking the Tite mark wheel marking gauge. Been back and forth from this so many times since Alf's review, and I just can't decide. This has left me in the worst case scenario where I haven't bought either option. Roll on my b-day in July!!

Aragorn
What are you waiting for? Or are you just goading me? :lol: :lol:
The Titemark is superbly engineered and works so well you wonder how you ever managed with the "Trad Rosewood/Brass" looking thing.
I love using it as a router to level the bottoms of sockets and mortises, too!
You know you want one! :wink:

Tony
How about the L-N chisels????
Cheers
Philly :D

Gosh. Only nine days to decide eh? Decisions, decisions... Trouble is I can't keep up with what you've already got. :roll: And what's the budget? No good getting you all excitable about something if the missus is going to put the SWMBO foot down. :shock:

TiteMark, smitemark. Designer marking gauges already! Oi vey :roll:
Philly":2ncb5yoi said:
I love using it as a router to level the bottoms of sockets and mortises, too!
Good grief. :shock: An anti-gloat?! He doesn't have a proper router!!!! Ha-ha. </Nelson, the bully in The Simpsons>

Cheers, Alf

It seems but a few short weeks ago that you were seeking advice on your Christmas pressie list, Tony :p

How about a nice Incra mitre gauge for the router table?

I guess something from Festool is out of the question???

Cheers,
Neil

I like the mitre guage Neil but Festool........

I haven't got that much kit you lot :oops: especially when compared to some members :lol: :wink:

I do have an axminster marking gauge and don't rate it much so maybe the titemark

LN chisels are a little expensive for this birthday and I have my beloved Ashley ilses's which I can't fault

Planes did cross my mind but i err, have a 'few' LNs and LVs - might go for a couple of LV spokeshaves though after playing with them in Steve Maskery's place a while back, I am sorely tempted. Lovely - but I don't make much curved stuff.

I think tools without tails are the ticket, but what?

Hey Tony, I'm in the same boat as you mate....Birthday in two weeks and I can't decide what I would like! I was eyeing up the Festool circular saw and dust extractor, but since I haven't been in the workshop for the last few months I found it had to justify it to myself.......I seem to be talking my way out of most things at the moment!

I did however purchase a nice little thermometer and hygrometer with a remote sensor of the work shop. It has the time, indoor and out door humidity, indoor and outdoor temperature and the a little thing to tell you the weather! Bargin for £30.

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?Mod ... D=&doy=4m1

Simon

With the obvious love of sharpening your family has Tony, how about a large Tormek you all can share?

Dennis

Well

With literally a few hours to spare I finally ordered something - on next day delivery :oops:

Latest posts

Back