Birthday Present

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got my veritas apron plane yesterday (mini gloat) and SWMBO said

"is that it, it's small, i thought it was going to be bigger" (story of my life :lol: ) so i returned with "well the next one i'm ordering is bigger love" and she just smiled and said" Theo can use the little one then"

Yippie, i think i've worked in the LA smoother :wink:

Andy

Hi,

I got a sweater for christmas, but what I really wanter was a moaner or a screamer. :wink:

pete

My sympathies to you Barry. Is there anything that you can do to get your wife more interested in your hobby? Have you built her something nice that she's been wanting for a while? Does she have any interest in working in the shop with you?

*** Note, gloat below. Avert your eyes if need be ***

I heard a rumour that my wife picked up a few Lie Nielsen goodies for Christmas this year.

and . . .

she exchanged a few emails with Tom and he's going to autograph the boxes for her as a special gift for me. 8)

mudman":1tpg674y said:
Alf":1tpg674y said:
mudman":1tpg674y said:
I've already proudly shown her
All right, class, who can point out where Barry's gone wrong? Sheesh, Barry, don't show them. Hide them. Conceal them. Spread them about and avoid letting them clump. Whatever you do, never put three examples of the same model of plane anywhere within visual range of a vigilant SWMBO. ](*,) Even some woodworkers* have been known to have trouble coming up with a need for more than one router plane, never mind untrained civilians. #-o

Ah, now I begin to see the reason for the rabid gloating that goes on on woodworking forums. Where else can you go to proudly show off your new aquisition when you have to sneak it into the workshop undercover of a plain brown package.

Hmmm . . . this is one of those rare times that I have to disagree with Alf. Sneaking them into the house is one way to create a distaste for any future purchases. The more that my wife has gotten involved in the woodshop, the more she has encouraged purchases -- especially when she's involved.

She finds the Lie Nielsen offerings a lot more attractive than the Veritas versions. She went so far as to call my Veritas large shoulder plane "the monstrosity." :cry: It gives her pleasure to walk in the woodshop and say 'have you used the monstrosity today?' and watch me cringe. :lol:

The larger shoulder plane was the one purchase that I "snuck" into the woodshop, so I can understand her displeasure with it.

And I suppose this would not be the time to mention all my wife and I get each other for holiday presents are tools? And birthdays? And anyway presents?

Who was just bought a gloatable present...but I won't :twisted:

Take care, Mike

Oh, I couldn't do that. It should be a surprise for someone after presents are officially opened on Christmas morn, eh?

And besides, actually gloating could be seen as poor form :lol:

Take care, Mike

MikeW":3qqzqrod said:
Oh, I couldn't do that. It should be a surprise for someone after presents are officially opened on Christmas morn, eh?

And besides, actually gloating could be seen as poor form :lol:

Take care, Mike

Actually, teasing and then not gloating is probably bad form.
:roll:

Ahhhh . . . true true. Very cool!

I can't wait for the new site to go live! I've had to make due with the work-in-progress pictures. How do you like the Auriou rasps? Are they worth the $$$?

ydb1md":6sm4xb9l said:
Ahhhh . . . true true. Very cool!

I can't wait for the new site to go live! I've had to make due with the work-in-progress pictures. How do you like the Auriou rasps? Are they worth the $$$?

I reckon

Back