Birds Eye maple veneer

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waka

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
been onto a cpuple of suppliers regarding birds eye maple veneered ply or MDF 6mm. No luck i'm afraid.

So the question is can anyone point me in the right direction, what I'm after is a coupe of 8@ x 4@ sheets.

Thanks as always.

I know South london hardwoods get it in in 18mm on MR MDF. I expect both they and richard russels can have it laid onto ply or MDF as required. Expect to pay in excess of £200 per sheet

Richard Russels have a folder with dozens of different veneers that can be put onto board on their trade counter so Birds Eye should not be a problem.

http://www.slhardwoods.co.uk/sheetmater ... sheetID=19

http://www.richardrussell.co.uk/

Jason

And thats one side birdseye with a balancer on the reverse not two good sides :cry:

Jason

Hi Waka

Have you tried Original Marquetry? They sell maple veneer in lengths of 8' - perhaps they could find you some birds eye. Of course, you'd have to veneer the MDF or plywood yourself, but with modern adhesives that shouldn't be too daunting.

Gill

Gill

Thanks, I'll check them out. I does looks like I'll have to do it myself, but being a beginner in the veneering field I'll have to get a lot of advice from Chris.

Waka,
I'd be happy to help and if you can get yourself over my way anytime, we could also visit Crispin's veneer place in Hackney. Their stocks will make your eyes pop! :)

Chris

Thanks for the offer, I can always manage a day out. Probably looking at the new year before I'm in a position to attempt veneering.

I guess I'm going to need a veneering tool shopping list as well, does it never end :D :D :D

You don't need much, Vacuum press, glue roller, roll veneer tape and thats about it :D

What is the largest size panel you have to make?

Jason

jasonB":21bl5e7h said:
You don't need much, Vacuum press, glue roller, roll veneer tape and thats about it :D

What is the largest size panel you have to make?

Jason

Not sure of the largest piece yuet because I haven't design it yet, but certainly less that 1m2.

Latest posts

Back