Birch Ply

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RoyB

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone.
I've been looking around for birch plywood recently and have used Hobbies. I was very satisfied with their product, however I have seen what looks to be the same product on SLEC web site much cheaper. Has anyone used this company and is the plywood good quality? It has been too cold to go up to my workshop over the last two days so I have been searching for suppliers of good quality hardwoods and I think I've found one in Scotland. He has most of the native hardwoods and will supply up to 8" wide planed boards down to 7mm thick. He also has a wide range of exotic woods but these only come in narrower widths of between 3" - 4" but that is perfect if you are, as I am, considering having a stab at Intarsia. I know you are going to say he's in Scotland but the prices he has quoted me more than make up for delivery charges if you order carefully. If anyone wants the web site, email or pm me and I will let you have the address.
Roy

My goodness, this all sounds very Secret Squirrel.

spythm-1.jpg

Why not post the vendor's details on the open forum? I'm sure he won't mind a bit of free publicity, plus the information may be useful to other members and it will save you from having to write several PMs.

Hi.
As a newbie I wasn't sure I could "advertise" someone's web site. There's nothing secret, I just didn't want to contravene any site rules.
Roy :?

Back