• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

For Sale Birch ply. aero ply 1.5mm

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davin

Established Member
Reaction score
I have maybe 30 sheets of Finnish Koskisen 1.5mm aeroply. This is top quality flexible ply. Is 1.5mm thick. used for laminating and curved work. Sheet sizes are 1555x1555.
My timber supplier is asking £42, but I think you can get them for around £37. I will ask £25 per sheet. Lovely stuff. Collection only i'm afraid (East Sussex) as quotes for postage were ridiculous.
Have added some photos of the sheet. and what I make with them. thanks

Attachments

• 20210204_141056(0).jpg
    20210204_141056(0).jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 176
  • 20210204_140522.jpg
    20210204_140522.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 194
  • DSC01375.JPG
    DSC01375.JPG
    65.2 KB · Views: 192
  • 20201201_171127.jpg
    20201201_171127.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 190
Cool stuff. Didn't even know it existed. Sadly I'm too far away to collect a sheet or two.

Can I ask where you get them from? Was looking for a good supplier

Thanks,

Mike

Any chance you might look to become "mildly rich" and cut a sheet into quarters (or similar) to make it more manageable for the GPO? I'd pay postage. This stuff is brilliant for knife scales when dyed and laminated.

That wood store is awesome BTW!

ATB,

SBD

Any chance you might look to become "mildly rich" and cut a sheet into quarters (or similar) to make it more manageable for the GPO? I'd pay postage. This stuff is brilliant for knife scales when dyed and laminated.

ATB,

SBD
Of course

Hi there first post. So apologies if this is not allowed, where about sin East Sussex are you as I would like 2 sheets if I may? Depending on when they need to be collected.

ATB,

SBD

When you work out the postage cost, I may be interested too.

Could you PM me too please with delivery costs on 1/4 sawn sheet when you get a chance.
Cheers now
Chris

Thanks Bm but I dont get that option (or on yours also) may be because I'm fairly new?

Davin, ideally 750x250mm but would happily take multiples to suit you. Happy to take/pay for whole sheet's worth plus postage, just let me know.

ATB,

A

Hi, My workshop is at Framfield, East Sussex tn225pn.
Will find out how to send this weekend, Long grain or short grain?
can i put my email address here ?
thanks
That is only 25 minutes away from me, I would be able to collect tomorrow if that is suitable? Many thanks.

I'm DY99QD it would be bit far to come and collect 😄

I'll contact the mods and see if they can pass you my email.

A

Sorry, grain direction doesn't matter as I will cut them to 150x50mm, stain and then laminate.

A

Back