Birch BB cost comparison

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pike

Established Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had 18mm Birch Throughout Ply BB/BB 8' x 4' sheets from builderdepot.co.uk?

Because £272 inc vat and delivery is nearly £200 cheaper than a quote I've had from a local place! :shock:

Thanks

Sorry I forgot to say. Five sheets. Someone locally wants 65+vat. builderdepot claim 45 inc vat.

Not all birch plies are the same! I'm not saying don't get it, but if you are planning to use it for large doors, for instance, I would be a bit wary.

Fall timber in bedale I think it's about £45 including vat also Woodworks in Leeds will match that

They're both claiming to be BB/BB which would be good enough for me. I do wonder though at that cheap price.

I had some from Arnold Laver a couple of weeks ago, £43.50 + vat which works out £52.20 including vat. Invoice referred to it as 18mm Ext BB Birch T/O Plywood

Thanks, sounds like I'm being charged new person non trade prices for 65+vat then as I'm just a hobbyist.

There was a recent thread on here similar to this - and I recall they said that builderdepot ply was not baltic birch, so was an inferior quality... might be worth a search on the forum so you can find that thread

Thanks Sammy I'll see what a search throws up. Already looked but might have missed something.

I've seen it from various companies, one is Sveza which I think is Russian. buildersdepot is "Pacific Star" whereever thats made.

Sammy I found a thread where you suggested builder depot but that you hadn't used them. Someone replied saying it was not baltic birch, but the thing is, the link you gave was indeed not for birch, but they do list birch on a different page. Maybe that was the discussion you were thinking of?

That said, it's still entirely possible the builder depot birch is inferior quality or not "baltic". I don't know. It is certainly cheaper than most.

Cheers.

I've purchased from them. The quality has been excellent. I've never found a void and both faces have been free from pins, patches or anything like that. The only disadvantage for me is that they want £50 for delivery - on their ebay shop that's per sheet which is a bit much.

18mm was 13 ply
15mm was 11 ply

pike":2ckdsa6t said:
Sammy I found a thread where you suggested builder depot but that you hadn't used them. Someone replied saying it was not baltic birch, but the thing is, the link you gave was indeed not for birch, but they do list birch on a different page. Maybe that was the discussion you were thinking of?

That said, it's still entirely possible the builder depot birch is inferior quality or not "baltic". I don't know. It is certainly cheaper than most.

Cheers.
Ah, ok - thanks for that clarification

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Joshjosh":110425qi said:
Fall timber in bedale I think it's about £45 including vat also Woodworks in Leeds will match that

Thanks Joshjosh, exactly the sort of place I was looking for, no nonsense, reasonable price. Going with Fall timber.

Back