Bin collection

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We have two wheelie bins and three recycling caddies. With no notice last week, collection of the green wheelie bin (garden) waste ceased to "allow efforts to be concentrated on household waste and recycling".

According to the council's website, our local recycling centres are still open, though.

No garden collection for us (it wasn't due to start until easter anyway), green and brown bins as normal. all recycling centres have closed.

Here? Handy to say where here is if we are sharing local info .

South Cambridgeshire (and I guess Cambridge City is the same as its a shared service) wheely bins - green (garden+food waste) bin collection stopped from today as is the paid for/order in advance big stuff collection.

Blue (recycling) and black (household) carries on the fortnightly cycle. Recycling centres (tip, in old money) open, but wonder how long for. Might scupper my clear out the roof/garage plans but in all honesty its the least of my worries and I think what the council has done makes a lot of sense.

Some instructions for those with symptoms - tissues etc to be double bagged and not put in wheely bins for 72 hours, seems sensible as virus can live outside the body for 72 hours they think.

Collection of household waste is a public health issue so I expect they will do their best to continue even if it drops to 4 weekly cycle.

Richard_C":1wo2tt5h said:
Here? Handy to say where here is if we are sharing local info .

South Cambridgeshire (and I guess Cambridge City is the same as its a shared service) wheely bins - green (garden+food waste) bin collection stopped from today as is the paid for/order in advance big stuff collection.

Blue (recycling) and black (household) carries on the fortnightly cycle. Recycling centres (tip, in old money) open, but wonder how long for. Might scupper my clear out the roof/garage plans but in all honesty its the least of my worries and I think what the council has done makes a lot of sense.

Some instructions for those with symptoms - tissues etc to be double bagged and not put in wheely bins for 72 hours, seems sensible as virus can live outside the body for 72 hours they think.

Collection of household waste is a public health issue so I expect they will do their best to continue even if it drops to 4 weekly cycle.

Yes of course, Epsom & Ewell

Back