Bike info.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Digit

Established Member
Reaction score
The metal seat pan of my Honda Superdream is not as good after all these years as it might be. Some time ago my son made a replacement for a customer's bike out of glass fibre, using the original seat pan to 'lay up' the fibre glass.
Customer was well pleased and the lad says there were no problems.
Have any of you chaps done a similar job and if so did you find any problems?

Roy.

I just Googled my question, and to my surprise there's lots of example, so I am not alone! :lol:

Roy.

I know Mick, but 95 is a lot more than I'm willing to pay just to keep my ar** off the road! :lol:

Roy.

Hopefully, yes! But my son built a glass fibre one, rust proof, for about £15.

Roy.

Not on the Superdream Andy, it slots under a frame cross member at the front with two latches at the rear. As usual with these old metal seats the rust bug has had its evil way with the spikes that retain the seat cover.
You can now buy spiked strips to repair the metal seat but I also want to lower the height where I can as I suffer from Duck's disease!

Roy.

I suspect it will need local reinforcement for the front support and the latches but your idea of 3 mm makes me think, yeah, he's right, and if not and I can always add more fibreglass.
This is my ride and forget machine so anything that can't rust gets my vote.

Roy.

Latest posts

Back