Big Bandsaw Borrow? (Hertfordshire)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minilathe22

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone
I am a keen hobby woodturner and have got hold of a pallet load of oak tree outer edges, with various burls attached. I am slowly cutting them into circular blanks for wood turning, however several of them are too big for my bandsaw.

After the new lockdown is over, I wonder if anyone on this forum has a large bandsaw I could come over and borrow to make a few bowl blanks? It would need to have a 10 - 12" height under the guides.

Mine is 7" height and only 1/2HP motor, so very slow going even on the parts I can cut.

We could trade a bit of the wood or a finished turned bowl perhaps? I am based in Letchworth Garden City near Stevenage, UK.

Thanks.

bowl-blanks-pallet.jpeg

You are more than welcome but I suspect West Oxfordshire is too far to travel.

I use an electic chainsaw as well. Treated with the respect it deserves it's just another tool.

Yes on reflection a chainsaw would be useful to have for this and future projects. I am just put off by the safety aspect, but I have a face shield and thick gloves, so with a bit of research on technique its probably the best solution.

Back