Bi-fold patio doors

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LyNx

Established Member
Reaction score
Haven't posted any work to date so thought about time.

When we started the kitchen, one thing I did say that has to be done, was to replace the UPVC doors for some hardwood bi-fold jobbies. Sorry no WIP pics but all completed in the single garage, apart from the general sizing of the timber which was done at work. The timber is Iroko. The kitchen window and the door to the garage will be replaced with HW to match next year. Sorry, no shots yet with doors open as it's too damn cold outside.

k5.jpg

k4.jpg

k3.jpg

k2.jpg

k1.jpg

The difference it makes to the room is unbelievable, the light levels have increased to much by just removing the lower side pillars. Now I can sit at the table and enjoy the view of the garden without all the UPVC spoiling it all.

They look great, so much nicer than UPVC. I love the look of bi fold doors when open as well.

Is that a little bit of kitchen unit I can see in one photo, your handiwork too? Looks very sleek.

the hardware is Henderson Weather fold.

The kitchen is nearly finished, all made in the garage again, only sprayed/veneered the doors at work. I'll try and dig out some better shots of it.

A really nice looking job.

However when you take pics I think it advisable to hide away the canabis plants. :oops: :roll: :roll:

I think it advisable to hide away the canabis plants.

Do you mean the Fatsia polycarpa to the right of the doors? or the mass planting behind?

g2.jpg

g1.jpg

g3.jpg

g4.jpg

motownmartin":3g143bmf said:
I don't know whether you have noticed Andy but someone has been stealing your decking :lol:

I reckon Andy used the old doors and the decking to build an extra workshop .

Nice doors indeed. :D

:lol: :lol:

I had to remove that section of decking to allow the frame to slot ( I wish) into the opening.

Andy,
Nice looking doors. What is the overall width of the opening, and the dimensions of the uprights on the doors?? We have a large window in our kitchen next to the eating area and are thinking tri-fold doors would be a good option opening onto a deck, but the space is only 1750mm wide and I think it's a bit narrow for tri-fold as the framing would be thick compared to the glass area.

They look great.

Do you have any pics, quick run down of how you made them?

What were they finished with.

Sorry, no WIP pics. I always forget to take them. Simple M&T construction, finished with a coat of Danish oil.

Your right, these do fold out. I'm not sure if this set-up will work with them opening inwards.

I can try and dig out some more info if you like?

LyNx":3scypqr3 said:
Finished with a coat of Danish oil.

Hope this helps. After seeing the doors in place this week, I wish i did them at the start of the summer :roll:

Back