Beware Woodford Delivery!!!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jel

Reaction score
I finally took the plunge, and ordered the woodford 802 on the 30th June to take advantage of the delivery rebate offer, which did amount to a sizeable 82 quid.

Went through the online ordering, chose to have it delivered to work, as that was my only option for being able to sign for it. Printed off the receipt which showed the invoice address (My home address) and the delivery address(Work).

So to my surprise arrived home on Friday night at 8pm from work to find my not inexpensive new piece of equipment sat on the door step. Lets just say I was not pleased, either with woodford for not delivering it to the correct address and for not using a sign for only delivery, nor palletways for just dumping it on the doorstep. And it was upside down, obviously palletways drivers can't understand big red arrows on the side of boxes.

The only saving grace is that at 100kg no-one was just going to pick it up and walk off with it.

Now all I have to do is wait for the rebate cheque. Using woodford logic I expect it will turn up at work.

Lets just say woodford must have one hell of a muppet working there, and they will be getting an email clearly pointing out that fact.

Just make sure they know where your delivery is meant to go.

Jel

Jel, i too would not be pleased, and Woodford want to thank their lucky stars that a couple of scoundrels with a van did not pop around to relieve them (i say them as you had not taken delivery the item) of the saw.

Can you imagine the hassel you would have had to get it replaced, because you can be sure that the delivery company would not have accepted responsibility, or not at first.

Anyway, after you give them what for, settle down and enjoy your new toy.

Good luck

Woody

Well I've sent them the email, lets see if I get any sort of apology.

I suppose this comes under the category of all's well that ends well. I have my saw, in what appears to be an undamaged condition.

I can't wait to get using it, but I'll have to wait until SWMBO gets back from seeing her folks in the States with my freud blades and dado set, and in the meantime I've got to get through my final exam. 2 Weeks and its workshop play time.

Jel

Latest posts

Back