best way to box in a converter on my startrite 275 table saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

duncs

Established Member
Reaction score
im sure they will be threads about this but ive had a good look through but i cant find any.
im trying to mount one on the actual saw .
im worried about sawdust entering the box is there a way round this it a
SPEED CONTROL 2.2KW 3HP 220V VARIABLE FREQUENCY DRIVE INVERTER VFD 10A any help would be great you good people

Live, neutral and earth to the VFD input, and four for the motor output, three hots and an earth, both earths are paired together to go in the same earth terminal, or joined/bolted to the VFD sheet metal box, with another single earth wire stacked onto the two, so a single earth wire can fit into the VFD terminal (some VFD terminals are a tight space to try and get two wires into)

The only dangers to YOU being.... not waiting for the capacitors to drain out before going near these power terminals!...

The only danger to the motor/VFD is not entering the correct values for your motor, and it runs on factory settings, possibly EIGHT times the speed of what it should be running, which would cook your motor.
Don't install a plug between motor and VFD as this can fry the VFD also, if disconnected while running!
Do not hit that green button if your VFD is not setup correctly, and do
the parameter reset before entering your parameters.

I can give you dimensions for both of those VFD's I have
post1166924.html?hilit=huanyang%20knockoff#p1166924

First thread with Startrite 275 conversion I linked has some piccys, which you didn't mention
Tom

Back