Best T&G cutter set for a Router table

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tim

Established Member
Reaction score
There's a bunch out there. I am looking for a half inch set that will cut mainly 3/4 stock with a 1/4 slot but would like to be able to vary this. Wealden offer one which is roughly the same price as others.

Ideally I'd like one where the arbor stays in the machine and the cutters/ shims are rearranged.

Anyone got one that they are happy with or info on one?

Many thanks

Tim

I bought a CMT set from Axminster, designed primarily for 3/4 timber. They come as two separate cutters, although they look like they could be dismantled if you were so inclined. I only use them occasionally, but the finish is good and they have kept their edge well. I think they cost about £60.

Mark H

Not got the t&g cuters but ive knocked the ass out of my door making cutters made by fraud for well over 3 years now on mainly mdf and some oak and the cuts still slot together easy . The set was over £100 but worth it .

Ideally I'd like one where the arbor stays in the machine and the cutters/ shims are rearranged.

Anyone got one that they are happy with or info on one?

I have the Wealden matched T&G set, no: T5530-1/2

http://www.wealdentool.com/acatalog/Onl ... r_259.html

went to use it today for the first time and the shims do not allow the groover to align where the two T&G gutters were, driving me insane it is.

I thought that all you would have to do would be remove one set of cutters and replace with the other cutter and appropriate shims on the arbor and it would automatically align? Mine is around 1mil out!

Back