Best Style Of Stabila Level

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I remember drinking in a bar on the Algarve in the early '70s. It was English owned, the guy was a bit of a character and his wife was lovely, but alcoholic - she'd keep serving so long you bought her drinks. A great place to stop at 2.00am on the way home. :D By the bye. I went in one day when we'd just arrived and saw a really nicely built fireplace. The date on the lintel was 1817. I said you are kidding, aren't you? No, he said, that's the time I finished building it. :lol:

Lons":epot85zp said:
She has been asked a number of times if the fireplace is original and the house built around it so I guess she got what she wanted. :)
An auctioneer acquaintance told me of a local building that had been listed for its original interior decoration despite local people knowing the history - the coving was was made from rubber packing blocks from WW2 packing cases.
I made the coving for my late Victoriaan house from skirting boards and five inch plaster cove, and made artificial pillars between the uPVC bay windows with turned tops and bottoms and six inch half round guttering - both looked brilliant, and only a couple of people ever realised they weren't original.

Back