Best router table

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Linwoodjoinery

Established Member
Reaction score
Morning. Any recommendations for a good router table. 1/2 router.
I haven’t got the time or interest to make my own so I just want to buy A good one.
thanks in advance

Hi- I’m in the process of putting one together. I’m going with the Axminster compact but I know record and Charnwood do some tables too.

UJK Axminster is the sub brand for all the router based equipment.

I have used the jessem set up (see woodworkers workshop) for the last 2 years. A lot of money but absolutely fabulous and frees up your half inch router for general use

Like Hornbeam I recently bought a complete Jessem table from wwworkshop. I've made many over the last nearly 50 years. Everything from a sheet of chipboard and 1/2in router with an oak batten for a fence, to a nice cabinet with a decent fence, and culminating in the Jessem table setup. I justified it since I had just started a job and my existing router and inverter failed. I was up against the clock and needed something quickly with fine adjustment. Although very expensive the job has paid for it. I'm very happy with it and if as your handle suggests, you're using it commercially then I would say it's easily justifiable.

It's good quality and easy to use, but only you can decide if it's worth it.
Steve

If you want a really good one that will be precise, give repeatable cuts and you will not need to upgrade at some point in the future and you will not have to do a lot of tweaking and extra bits to meet your needs then you need the Incra fence system that gives you a precise fence and alignment system, the AUK router with muscle chuck in either a Jessem or Incra lift and a suitable table top and legs, look at Routing & Table Saw Systems and if you like what you see then give Peter a ring for good advice and recomendations

Guys the question was posted in janruary and only answered today. Doubt the guy is interested anymore

I considered the Incra fence but feel the orientation was backwards to what I was used to and projected much further into the workshop. I wanted a wider area of stock support.
People have incorporated that fence into their workbench with a router which looks to be a very good option. giving the best of both worlds.
Steve

Hi, I've got a Charnwood W015 cast iron router table. It's pretty good, but the fence leaves a lot to be desired. It's all over the place. I wondered if anyone knew of a way of upgrading it to a better fence. I've looked online, but can't seem to find anything that will fit. Charnwood are no help.

Back