best router for router table

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bede123

Reaction score
hi all,

i'm thinking of buying this router table (image attached)
table1.jpg
it's got great reviews and i like the fact that small measurement adjustments are possible with minimum checking.

so my question is. can anyone recommend a good router to go with it. i want a router that can easily be adjusted with very small increments, rather a plunge router for example.

many thanks
zac

Attachments

• table1.jpg
    table1.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 2,345
I have the Triton MOF001 in a home made table and I'm extremely pleased with it. The rack and pinion height adjustment is very precise and can be done through the table from above. Bit changing is also done above the table and is one handed as the shaft automatically locks at full extension. There's a more powerful model but I've yet to find anything mine can't do.

RogerP":36gwr4on said:
I have the Product/330085Triton MOF001 in a home made table and I'm extremely pleased with it. The rack and pinion height adjustment is very precise and can be done through the table from above. Bit changing is also done above the table and is one handed as the shaft automatically locks at full extension. There's a more powerful model but I've yet to find anything mine can't do.

great thanks. thats justt eh kind of feedback i was looking for.

that particular model seems to be a plunge model as well.

so presumably you can just choose between fixed and plunge easily?

thanks
zac

bede123":f5coe93v said:
RogerP":f5coe93v said:
I have the Product/330085Triton MOF001 in a home made table and I'm extremely pleased with it. The rack and pinion height adjustment is very precise and can be done through the table from above. Bit changing is also done above the table and is one handed as the shaft automatically locks at full extension. There's a more powerful model but I've yet to find anything mine can't do.

great thanks. thats justt eh kind of feedback i was looking for.

that particular model seems to be a plunge model as well.

so presumably you can just choose between fixed and plunge easily?

thanks
zac

Yes, but for table use the plunge springs etc are made to remove very easily so the rack and pinion (crank wound through hole in table) moves that much more easily and precisely.

Of course there are plenty of other excellent routers but I think they'll all need a separate chain driven lifting device whereas with the Triton the facility is built in.

I use a Trend Tr11 in a Trend Pro table, horrible table, esp the fence. At home I use my DW625ek in a self buit table with a Jessem lift. Brilliant!

Mike Wingate":veop2cmx said:
I use a Trend Tr11 in a Trend Pro table, horrible table, esp the fence. At home I use my DW625ek in a self buit table with a Jessem lift. Brilliant!

just been looking at the jessem kit.

anyone know where I can get them in the UK?

The T11 doesn't need a router lift as it's adjustable from above the table.

You can also do bit-change from above too (caveat: the spindle lock is a button, and you have to put a hand under to hold it in while you unlock the collet). The only big difference I can see between it and the T10 (and the DeWalt/Elu that it's a clone of) is the size of the aperture in the base plate (T11 has a much bigger hole!).

The T11 is optimised for table use, the T10/DW ones for hand held (e.g. worktop jointing). I can't remember if you can get at the height adjuster through the soleplate of the T10/DW ones - I don't think so.

I have a T11 and like it, but I've no idea how it rates compared to others.

Tread T11 is great in a table and as mentioned is adjustable from the top of the table so no need for a lift. Its the best router I have ever used in and out of the table. Even though I have 4 routers its always the one I go for first and planed to by a second so I can have one in table permanently and one for plunge.

However the big triton TRB001 2000w one came up for sale on here recently which I snapped the guys hand off after reading and seeing about the above table change and spring removal. The big one don't have above table height adjustment (although I don't see how if it does). Mine needs a new part for the above table change but for a massive saving on the plate (which came with in this deal) and router it was worth it.
I haven't used it yet in the table but I can see that the above table one hand change thing will compensate for losing the above table adjusting the Trends T11 has. Its easier to adjust the hight under the table than it is to change cutter.

At the minute I would say triton based on the above table one hand bit change, closely followed by the Trend T11.

Also needing a new router for my router table. Using a flex router at the moment which is a great router, IMHO, for hand use but not so versatile in a table. As I have a routalift and having read this thread would you agree that the Triton may be better than the Trend as don't need the above table height adjustment or would still recommend the Trend.

Taking out the springs on the Triton is mentioned. Is this in relation to the plunging action to ease some of the pressure on the Routalift?

Any ideas?

Back