Best place to buy kitchens in the uk.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi all. I hope you are keeping well.

I finally got around to fitting the kitchen and have made a proper boot. I sanded the laminate worktop back to white at the join. Now I cannot add colorfill as this will end up proud.

Any ideas on what to do. A kind of paint maybe?

Attachments

• 20210115_123502.jpg
    20210115_123502.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 31
as for floors were in the same boat but we'll get tiles put down....
chip up the ashfelt and lay self leveling compound then tile.....doing the plumbing at the same time....
we had an unfortunate leak in our bathroom...destroyed the expensive laminate...(damp proof). never again....
plus with rental everything needs to be bomb proof.....

Howdens all the way. However their pricing is only an invite to negotiate and they do give way substantially. They do not quibble if any quality issues come to light too, which is very reassuring on what is an expensive outlay.

can't abide howdens. there bs methods are just really annoying. they never give a price on individual items until you ask. they can then pre load anything you don't ask about. the sales tactics are rampant. if your quote has seemingly random discounts your being shafted.
even the trade account thing is bs sales pitch. ooh says Joe pub we can save some money look they think we are trade....yeah right!
at least 70% discount on everything is still not cheap.

As far as mass produced kitchens are concerened it's hard to look past Howdens, loads of depots, superb stock levels and generally a very good product. I have fitted several DIY Kitchens and they are very good - just not got the convenience factor of Howdens, go to Howdens and haggle.
Please don't even consider Wrens, huge amounts of horror stories available to read online.

I was very impressed with this lot - DIY Kitchens | Discount Kitchens, Doors & Cheap Kitchen Units
carcasses come made up with doors fitted - none of this flat pack stuff. Order it all on-line (which means you have to remember all the bits and pieces), good support and after sales. Been in a couple of years now and no issues.
Best of all it’s cheaper than anywhere else we tried.
Big factory and showroom near Sheffield (though I doubt the showroom is open now).
PS none of this price haggling rubbish either -every item priced on website.

Last edited:
He’s got & fitted the Kitchen fellas this thread is from August last year.

As to colouring the laminate top where you’ve sanded to white something like an indelible marker pen the same colour as the top might work.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back