Best place to buy cut 18mm birch ply

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stanleythecat

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi

Do you guys have any advice as to where I can by 18mm birch ply cut to my spec for a kitchen build I am about to start. We have a Lathams locally but they said they would only cut if i was buying a whole pack!

Your help would be greatly appreciated :)

Leo

I only buy whole sheets but I use Timbmets in Stonehouse, I think they offer a cutting service.

siggy_7":3rzheldm said:
I only buy whole sheets but I use Timbmets in Stonehouse, I think they offer a cutting service.

What are timbmets like to deal with? Can you walk in and have a look?
Stonehouse is only just up the road from me, but I'm a newbie and I've never bought wood from anywhere but the diy sheds (sorry for the hijack StanleyTheCat).

I used these guys http://stores.ebay.co.uk/farmwoodproducts/ to supply and cut some 12mm birch ply recently. I sent them a cutting list and they came back to me with a price for all pieces cut and delivered. Probably not the cheapest, but nice quality ply and cut very accurately indeed. I was short on time so I needed someone who could cut and post to me.

Cheers
Mark

Timbmet (was Severnply) will cut but best to check first as if you arrive at certain times of the day the service may not be available. Currently building a router table with ply sourced from there, but I bought whole sheets for that. I went in my van as I picked up stuff for another woodworker and the National Trust as well. The NT sheets were cut to size.

Tony Comber

+1 Avonplywood cut with in .2mm accuracy. If you have time to visit, ask the owner to show you around their equipment is awesome and basically have pretty much every sheet material you could ask for and CNC it to match existing or own design etc. Their cutting list is simple to use and very prompt with their quotes, I believe it's 50p a metre

Back